Graco snugrides higher height limits

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by 1girltwinboyz, Mar 5, 2007.

1. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Most of the new graco snugrides have a new height limit of 29"! The ones I had for my twins which were a year old when I got them from my friend with twins, ht limit was 26". I think most babies outgrow them by ht before wt so hopefully you all will get more use out of them! My boys could have stayed in them with that height limit until almost a year!

HTH [​IMG]

2. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I have the newer Snugrides with the height limit of 29 inches, but my girls got so heavy in the carrier that we switched them before they got to the height/weight limit. They were breaking my back and I find it easier to use the convertible seats now. Plus the Snugride got too tight for them to wear their snowsuit in.

3. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

Are the snowsuits puffy? They should not wear puffy snowsuits in carseats as they can compact in an accident and the baby could slip out and s/he wont be in tight. I warm up my van well, bundle up kids and bring to van. Take off puffy coats and strap them in and put coats on top of them. The van is usually nice and warm though and they just kick them off. Then when its time to get out, unbuckle and put coats, hats, mittens on and go~!

Are you kids still rear facing though? Did you see the video I posted on keeping htem RF as long as possible?

4. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Certified car seat installers at our fire department also said no heavy coats/bulk under the car seats for safety reasons...they said to use a blanket on top.

Also, our pedi said (fire dept confirmed) that the height limit is really once their head is within an inch of the top of the seat. If your kids are all legs, they can stay in the seats a little longer.

5. Mommyof 2tg and 1ds

Mommyof 2tg and 1ds Well-Known Member

Ok, so here is my problem with this. My kids are tall. I am short so it must be from their daddy. My girls just hit the big 29 inch mark on our infant seats, but they are 4lbs away from being 22lbs. So what now??

6. Babies4Susan

quote:
    Originally posted by 1girltwinboyz:
    Are the snowsuits puffy?

Are you kids still rear facing though? Did you see the video I posted on keeping htem RF as long as possible?

No, we just have fleece one-piece suits we put on them. They are definitely still rear-facing...we'll do that until they are 18 months at the earliest, hopefully longer.

They really were just too heavy for myself and the nanny to carry in their infant seats. And without the snowsuit, one of them absolutely would not keep the blanket over themselves when we'd carry them, making it all the harder! We're loving the convertible seats now.

7. Babies4Susan

quote:
    Originally posted by Mommyof 2tg and 1ds:
    Ok, so here is my problem with this. My kids are tall. I am short so it must be from their daddy. My girls just hit the big 29 inch mark on our infant seats, but they are 4lbs away from being 22lbs. So what now??

I think if they've reached one of the limits, it is time to switch them to the next car seat.