Great Deal on Britax

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rtj, Jan 25, 2011.

1. rtj

rtj Well-Known Member

I saw another post regarding Babies R Us/Toys R Us trade in event starting on Friday. You can bring in old car seats and get a 25% off coupon to buy a new car seat. They also have a Britax Marathon seat on sale for $199 (from $279) so with the coupon, you could get a Britax for about $150! Just thought I'd share:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2934997

2. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Wow great deal!! Thanks!!

3. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

If you buy two of the same item over $50 (actually it may be $25) you get a 10% twin discount on top of any other coupons. But you have to ask - they will not offer it. They will apply it in addition to any other discounts you are getting.

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

Yes, and also print out something from the BRUS website that mentions that policy. We drove 45 min one way to our closest TRU/BRUS store and bought 2 baby gates and asked at the checkout about the twin discount. The cashier had not heard of such a discount so she went and asked another cashier ("who had been there longer") and even the other cashier did not know about it. So we were charged full price. I then got home and found a link and printed it out and returned to BRUS with one of the baby gates (we had decided to order one from Amazon if BRUS wasn't going to honor their own policy). And I told the BRUS employee that I was returning it because their cashier did not honor the policy (and showed her the printout) and she just shrugged and said the cashier was just misinformed, never even offering to give the discount then. Pffft!! I got my money refunded for one gate, but it took two 90 minute roundtrip drives :rolleyes:

5. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

That is terrible!!!! Figures...they want it kept so quiet they don't even tell their employees!

6. w101ttd

I didn't know about twins discount. I have bought tons of things from brus though.hmm I will get 2 marathon 70. I will print out the policy and ask them about that. Thank you so much! I am so bad at coupons and discount lol.

7. crisbiss

crisbiss New Member

Hi,
    I checked the website and cant find that policy, can you post the link for the BRU twin discount?
    thanks!

8. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't know that it's written into the policy. But it's there. We have gotten all of the boys carseats(three each total) from there and we always ask for the twin discount. It's 10%. You do need to buy two of the SAME thing and they need to be over $100/each I believe. So you can't get a pink carseat and a blue carseat. They have to be the same carseat. It's just not something they advertise!

9. w101ttd

Yup I couldn't find the link either. I will call brus b4 I go buy those carseats.

10. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

when i was contemplating getting carseats a year ago, the BRU employee said that I could get same make & model but different colors for B/G twins... but I never did get the ones that were at the store to see if they would have really done it for me. it's definitely worth asking though... you are getting the same thing, it's not like you are getting one stroller and one carseat...

11. megkc03

Ah that would make sense. I was always under impression you couldn't. But I also never had the need to ask-I have b/b twins! Lol! Same make and model then it shouldn't make a difference!

You know, when the boys needed their THIRD carseat, they had a sale going on. The one we wanted($20 cheaper), was sold out. Manager said he would let us get the more expensive one in its place. They had a sale going for $10 off every $50. And then I had a 20% off coupon. And then the 10% twin discount. He did everything. Overrode the system and everything. It was awesome. Our seats were $200/ea and we paid $120/each.

12. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

that is so great to find a manager who will really work with you! you definitely gave them good word of mouth after that!

13. megkc03

Exactly! And we keep going back!

14. mandywellman

mandywellman Well-Known Member

Where is this deal at currently?? Did u read it online??

15. w101ttd

At brus, if you take your infant seats there, you'd get 25% coupons. Right now, britax marathons (not marathon 70) is onsale 199.and you can get 10% twin discount after those 25% coupons. But if you receive monthly coupon (20%) than I guess its better just sell your seats on craigslist and use 20 % monthly coupons plus 10% twin discount.

I need to get those convertibles soon. My twins are over height limit but I didn't know until today.

Btw, you should call your local brus ask about 10% twin discount first make sure they know

16. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

At our BRU, it only needs to be over $50 to get the twin discount. We were able to get the twin discount on our infant bases and I think they were just over $50 before discounts.

Try to pick out a nice looking, friendly cashier :lol: At our BRU, they can't take two of the same coupons in the same transaction (like the 20% off ones) and if you separate the transactions, you can't get the twin discount. But there's one cashier at our BRU that takes pity on twin parents and does two transactions so we can use both coupons and overrides the system so we still get the discount. Love her!!

I'm going to check out this deal! We're just about ready to buy convertible seats. My boys still fit in the infant seats and I like how easy they are right now especially with the snow and cold, but they are getting so heavy!!!

17. rtj

rtj Well-Known Member

So, earlier the link was showing $199 and now it is up to $219. Don't know what happened. Sorry for the confusion!!

18. w101ttd

I think the price was just changed...

I have question mamas. I want 2 marathon 70 but they are not sold in store.how can I order those and use 25% coupons and 10% twin discount? Has any or you done this before?
    And another question. We have graco snudgride. Its weight limit is 22 and height limit is 29. My son is 20lbs. But they both 30 inches. So can we still use those until we get our convertibles lol I guess not. Man I didn't pay attention at the height limit. TIA TIA!

19. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the 25% off coupon, but at least with the twin discount, you can get it by calling and placing an order. You can only do with items that are only offered online and not in the store.

I'd still do a little research, but I feel like I heard once that the more important thing with height is how far baby's head is from the top of the car seat.

I wish I had something to trade in! We're still using all of our baby gear right now :(

20. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

When our local store did not honor the twin discount for the same 2 baby gates we bought I googled for Toys R Us or Babies R Us and "multiples discount" (I remember that it didn't show up with 'twin discount'). And I remember the policy said it only pertained to certain things (baby furniture, car seats, gates, etc) and it had to be the same 2 items. This was about 10 months ago, and I easily found the policy online then. However, I have since used my best googlefoo skills using different variations of key words and can NOT find an official policy on their website anymore. So just be sure and call first and confirm that particular store's policy. GL.

21. w101ttd

I just traded in our travel infants got 25% off coupons and 10% twin discounts. When I just asked them if I could use 10% twin discount. The cashier said no. But then I said 'other twins mom told me they could got 10% on top of these 25% discounts when they bought their convertibles' she told me let her talk to her manager. Her manager said they could try to do it on the system. And they did and it worked. So if they say NO tell them other twins mom could, please try. You might get it hehe

We got our marathon 70 for 413!!! Hehehe good luck mamas!

22. w101ttd

I just traded in our travel infants got 25% off coupons and 10% twin discounts. When I just asked them if I could use 10% twin discount. The cashier said no. But then I said 'other twins mom told me they could got 10% on top of these 25% discounts when they bought their convertibles' she told me let her talk to her manager. Her manager said they could try to do it on the system. And they did and it worked. So if they say NO tell them other twins mom could, please try. You might get it hehe

23. w101ttd

24. w101ttd

They said NO when I called. When i traded in our carseats, i told the cashier that 'other twins moms could use 10% twin discount on top of these 25% off' She told me that she could ask her manager. The manager said they could try to override the system but they were not sure if itd work. And it worked! we got 25% off plus 10% twin discount for each car seat. We got 2 britax marathon 70(275 original price) for 413 dollars!!!!

So if they say NO just tell them 'other twin moms could' hehe you might get it too. Good luck with purchasing car seats. Im so glad i bought ours.