Great Ultrasound today!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Laura in Alaska, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

We had our 28 wk US today and it was wonderfully uneventful! The babies are growing like champs. They've been neck and neck for size all along and they still are. In fact, they were 3 grams off and both are weighing in right at 3lbs. I'm still a little concerned about having two HUGE babies given my history of growing a couple of 9+ pounders!

The techs are so shocked to see our mirror image babies growing in every aspect at exactly the same pace. They all know us by name now and come out of their rooms to say "hi" when we're there! I think they even have a bet going around as to whether or not they'll end up being identical, since they seem to be so in synch.

All of the cartwheels I've been feeling now make perfect sense because they've both flipped over since the last US. They were both transverse and now they're both butt up/head down. I can definitely feel the difference and my stomach has taken on a new shape. But its all good! [​IMG]

Keep bringing on the "boring, uneventful" appointments!

Laura

2. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

We had our 28 wk US today and it was wonderfully uneventful! The babies are growing like champs. They've been neck and neck for size all along and they still are. In fact, they were 3 grams off and both are weighing in right at 3lbs. I'm still a little concerned about having two HUGE babies given my history of growing a couple of 9+ pounders!

The techs are so shocked to see our mirror image babies growing in every aspect at exactly the same pace. They all know us by name now and come out of their rooms to say "hi" when we're there! I think they even have a bet going around as to whether or not they'll end up being identical, since they seem to be so in synch.

All of the cartwheels I've been feeling now make perfect sense because they've both flipped over since the last US. They were both transverse and now they're both butt up/head down. I can definitely feel the difference and my stomach has taken on a new shape. But its all good! [​IMG]

Keep bringing on the "boring, uneventful" appointments!

Laura

3. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you...it is so great to hear about "uneventful" ultrasounds and appointments...you're doing so well I am excited to hear your progress. [​IMG]

4. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

It's great to hear your good news!

As a fellow grower of big babies, I'll be interested in your twinkies' birth weights!

5. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news, the more boring the better!!!!!!!!!

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Great news! Keep them growing!

7. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

That is wonderful, definitely love the uneventful appointments! Thanks for the update, keep up the great work!

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work momma!!

9. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

What great news! Hooray for 'boring"! And hooray for flipped babies. I've got a little ditty that I sing to mine, reminding them that I want them to get heads DOWN!

10. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great appointment, Laura!!

11. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I'll take boring and uneventful appts all day long! It sound like your babies are doing wonderful! Good for you!!!

12. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Yaaaay for healthy babies!!! Good job, Laura [​IMG] I had the same thing, felt some "rolling" movements versus "kicking" movements and the babies had completely changed around to head-down and transverse, some more rolling movements and B had completely flipped sides ... funny! And mine have been growing side-by-side as well, always within an ounce or two of each other, last U/S they each weighed the same (well, B was like 10 grams smaller than A). Makes ya wonder what type of babies they will turn out to be! I figured identical, but then fraternals can do the same thing .... it's so much fun trying to figure it out!!!!!!!!

13. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

WooHoo, now here's hoping they stay that way! Here's some head down vibes for you too:
    )))))))head down(((((((