GROSS!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinsnowwhat, Feb 23, 2010.

1. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

I hear slurping from the dining room and I look over and see Gavin slurping and then licking up water that he has spilled out of his sippy cup onto the floor. :shok: I am not a huge germaphobe and my kids have eaten plenty of crackers, etc off the floor. But my floors are not the cleanest and I have dogs – so this was just over the top gross! Of course he didn’t see anything wrong with it. I immediately put them in the play room and mopped the floors. Guess that is one way to motivate me to clean the floors.

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo:

Just wait until you catch them drinking out of the dog bowl! (Kidding! My guys haven't done that...yet.... :huh: )

My guys insist on drinking bathwater. We use cups to rinse their hair, and they always manage to get a hold of them and dip bathwater into their mouths. Part of me is like, "whatever, it's just warm water". Then the other part of me thinks about their poopy butts and cringes. :faint:

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing: Mine have done that and have also tried to drink the bathwater. Someday when I tell them they used to do this, they won't believe me.

4. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

And that's why having a video recorder is sooooo handy. :spiteful: ;)

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

If that is the grossest thing he eats or drinks that will be good! I am amazed at the things kids don't mind eating or drinking!

6. ainsleyr

ainsleyr Well-Known Member

My girls love to do that kind of stuff. I prefer to call it "building their immune system"!! :rotflmbo: My Mother always said that a litte bit of dirt wouldn't hurt me...I hope she is right, because there is a whole lot of dirt eating going on here!! :laughing:

7. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Here too! And the bath water is a must to try and drink every TIME! Gross! :bad:

8. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

The 'grossest' thing my Gizelle has ever done was to eat the rice crisps she found in the play yard - from a couple of days ago!! She seems to enjoy it though! *Wonder if its crispy anymore!?* :rotflmbo:

Nathan has yet to drink/eat anything gross yet...but he was seen drawing with his fingers..dipped in his own pee pee when his diapers overflow! I hope that finger didn't make it to his mouth!! :faint:

9. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Sounds like Max & Lily. We have caught Lily licking the milk or water off the carpet after she has shook her sippie cup enough to get a small puddle.

Sunday she took off her pants, stuck her finger into her diaper and luckily I was there to grab her wrist because it was a poop diaper that we didn't know she just had. I don't want to think about what would have happened if I wasn't three feet from her when she did this, but I did get a good laugh out of it because DH almost gagged & fainted. Picture a 6'2" 240 lb. man brought down by a little girls poopy diaper finger :rotflmbo: . Sorry if TMI.

10. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

Yes..I think Mommies have gotten really strong stomach from our kids - all the poop, pee, puke and regurgitated milk. Daily routine. Hahaha!!

11. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Well, I will say the grossest things I've seen my boys do did have to do with the bathwater. Cameron mostly is the one involved, but not because Kiefer doesn't do gross things. He just does other stuff like stick his hands in the toilet and splash the water :eek:.

Cameron loves to use cups to drink the bathwater. When I see them pee in the water, I'm just more careful about what they stick in their mouths. Cameron was too fast for me. He picked up a cup and took a few drinks of the water he just peed in. EWWW!! He's also tried to pick up the doodie he's dropped in the bathwater too before I was able to clean it up!! :bad: Oh the things they enjoy playing with!