Had my baby shower today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kingeomer, Nov 3, 2007.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

First up, where I live, baby showers are a surprise. So I had no idea that it was happening today.
    But the story to get me there was that my Mom's best friend was holding a surprise birthday party for my Mom and Dad (my parents share the same B-day, 10/20).
    DH, myself and my sister in law show up and everyone's all "surprise" and I certainly was.
    I was so amazed by people's generosity, the babies got so much stuff...lots of clothes, bathing supplies, feeding chairs, car seats, crib, mattress, bean pod chairs, toys, crib sheets, handmade blankets and sweaters, money, gift cards, video monitor, diaper genie, bottles...you name it, the kiddies got it. I was so touched that people thought that highly of us to be that generous (DH and I felt bad about putting as much as we did on the registry because we felt like even though we were having twins, we were asking too much of people). So now, I can say, though I was happy with the shower and all the nice things about it, I am officially tired and will probably will be going to bed soon. Too much excitement for a twin Momma!!!!

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

That's great!!! How FUN that it was a surprise!!! I'm glad that your family and friends were able to be so generous!! A good surprise is hard to do!!

3. coveytwins

coveytwins Well-Known Member

WOW!!! You guys got spoiled and that is a GOOD thing. You deserve all that. That really will help you guys out. I am really happy for you guys. My shower is in a week. I never did a registry...darn it. So I am just hoping we get stuff we need. I know we still need carseats and swings....and I know which ones I want too. I just hope I get gist certificates so I can get them. I am so glad you guys got that much. Don't feel bad...those little munchkins can use every last bit of it.

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

It's always nice to be surprised with a baby shower! I'm glad it went well :) .

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

how exciting!!! what a great surprise! and it sounds like you got a ton of stuff!!! :a_smil09:

6. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

That sounds like so much fun!!! I hope we are as blessed next weekend at our showers!!!

Have fun putting it all away!

Missy

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Nov 3 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]479821[/snapback]
    First up, where I live, baby showers are a surprise. So I had no idea that it was happening today.

They are here, too (at least with everyone I know).

What fun for you! Glad you got such nice things. Did I ever tell you I really like your screen name? I smile everytime I see it.

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What a great surprise! :)

9. lilly_&_hunter

lilly_&_hunter Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great day!! Can't wait until I have my shower.... I'm ready to start stocking up on all the great baby items.

Enjoy putting together and organizing all your nice gifts.

10. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

how wonderful! sounds like u got everything u need for your arrivals!

11. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That's awesome!!! I knew about the shower my sister threw me and the two that were planned at work I faked surprise because I figured them both out!! LOL Everyone was VERY generous!!!
    Sounds like you had a great time!

12. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(moski @ Nov 3 2007, 07:52 PM) [snapback]479895[/snapback]
    They are here, too (at least with everyone I know).

What fun for you! Glad you got such nice things. Did I ever tell you I really like your screen name? I smile everytime I see it.

Thank you for the compliment on my screen name! I am glad that it makes you smile!

13. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

that is so cool! how great that it was a suprise!:)

14. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

That's so wonderful! I'm glad you had such a great shower. :icon_biggrin: