Halloween Costume

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by gyzmotwins, Sep 7, 2008.

1. gyzmotwins

gyzmotwins Well-Known Member

That time of the year is coming close ladies!

I live in the Philippines and I nee time to order my costumes from the States... so, I'm asking for some suggestions! I have my twin boys that are 3 years and 4 months an my little girl that is 1 and a half. I have no clue what to dress them as this year! Last year we had Woody, Buzz light year and a princess. What are you dressing your kids up in this Halloween???

Marta :lol:

2. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I'm confused why this was moved. Yes, your kids are in the 1-4 group, but you were asking everyone, not just those with kids the same age!

Anyway...we are doing a knight and a princess this year. I asked DS what he wanted to be and he said, "a king," so I'll put together a knight costume and put a crown on him. The sword should satisfy my DH's demands that it isn't too "girlie." :lol:

3. dawnmj

dawnmj Well-Known Member

Chickens!! I bought the girls costumes last year at Old Navy the day after Halloween for like $2, so they don't get a choice this year.

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nolan is going to be Spiderman, Meghan a fairy princess and Liam a bug.

5. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Piglet & Eyoree Here! I bought the outfits off ebay.

6. hrichards

hrichards Well-Known Member

we have our Hello Kitty costumes already. My mom got them really cheap at a Party City going out of business sale.

7. kstar

kstar Well-Known Member

The girls are going to be witches this year. I got the costumes from buycostumes.com, same place I got their bumble bee and lady bug costumes last year. They had the same witch costume, but one had orange and black polka dots and the other green and black stripes. I always dress the girls in the same outfit, just different colors, so this was perfect.

8. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

We're doing a turkey & a monster from BRU. My MIL was going to make them costumes, but I just couldn't walk past that darn Turkey. My DH got to pick the other one, since I got to pick the turkey & he picked the monster after a close tie with the kangaroo. Their costumes there are SOOO cute!!!

9. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Spiderman and Batman

10. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dawnmj @ Sep 7 2008, 06:48 PM) [snapback]967828[/snapback]
    Chickens!! I bought the girls costumes last year at Old Navy the day after Halloween for like $2, so they don't get a choice this year.

Jake was that for his first Halloween, from ON...loved it, so damn cute!

This year they are going to be Spiderman and Superman. I am getting the costumes from my cousin who has 4 yr old boy twins. Works for me, my boys are getting into those characters lately!

11. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Amy's going to be a ladybug because we got a hand-me-down costume and she seems excited about it. I gave Sarah a few choices of animals from the Old Navy website, and she chose a monkey.

12. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

The munchkins are going to be Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia and big brother is going to be Darth Vader!

13. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Nadia is going to be Cinderella, and Karina will wear Nadia's ladybug costume from a few years ago. I hate that she'll have a hand-me-down costume, but it's the Gymboree one, and I paid something ridiculous for it on Ebay, so I'm determined to get more use out of it, LOL.

I'm still looking for Kevan. He isn't walking yet -- although he very likely could be by Halloween -- so that makes it harder. I'm eyeing a cute pirate costume I saw on Ebay...

14. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

As of right now my girls are both going to be Cinderella. We got the costumes last year after halloween (or my FIL did. It is the one that is normaly $80. I think they were $15 or $20) .

Sydney was the old navy chicken her second halloween.

15. Aprilisdisney

Aprilisdisney Well-Known Member

[SIZE=10pt]We're still trying to decide. Thinking of a football player and cheerleader. Although, I'm not 'sold' on those yet :p

April :)
    [/SIZE]

16. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of doing Peter Pan & Tinkerbell this year.....haven't got the costumes yet, but there were several on ebay.

17. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

As of now, Michael is going to be a Pirate and Katherine is going to be a Pink Poodle.

18. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I've ordered two sets, I'll let them choose which they like better and return the other set.

set 1: lady bug/butterfly
    set 2: monkey/elephant

19. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Last year my guys were Dragons. This year they want to be super heroes so I am thinking about one being spider man and the other being bat man.

20. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

Savannah - Fairy (Fuscia one from Gymbo)
    Beau - Dragon (old navy)

21. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dawnmj @ Sep 7 2008, 02:48 PM) [snapback]967828[/snapback]

My girls had those last year. SUPER CUTE. I will try to find a pic to show you.

We are hopefully going to be bees because I got them at our Twins club yardsale for $2.50 each. Hopefully they will fit.

22. plattsandra103

plattsandra103 Well-Known Member

Ally will wear a hand-me down from her cousins, either snow white or minnie mouse, we'll see which fits better when it's close....and Bear will be either a dwarf (maybe home made) or mickey mouse, depending on ally's....

23. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

DS will be a firetruck and DD a dalmatian. I found a dalmatian costume with a skirt and headpiece instead of a hot, furry one. It will still be warm here at Halloween.

24. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Jack is going as a fireman and I'm not sure on Lily yet. I have ladybug and spider costumes we got from a friend, but I was thinking a dalmation would be cute to go with the fireman!
    Helen

LOL I noticed the pp after I posted this... how funny! It was posted at exactly the same time!

25. caba

caba Banned

I'm still trying to decide, but I'm thinking Pebbles and Bam Bam ...

26. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I think Hoops and YoYo. For those of you unfamiliar with them: Hoops and YoYo!!!

I'm going to try to make their costumes (in all that spare time I have!).

27. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

We are going with a Wizard of Oz theme. DD is going to Dorothy and DS is going to the scarecrow. I am trying to talk my SIL into dressing their son (6 months younger than my kids) at the tin man, but so far she isn't too excited about it.

28. ldsangel19

ldsangel19 Well-Known Member

The poodle and kitty from Old Navy.

29. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

I am thinking about making pebbles and bambam, and then dressing up the stroller as the flintstone car. I think it will be pretty neat to see, and I am rather excited to do it, I just hope i can get it done!

30. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

They love Thomas so I got them Thomas costumes. I then saw in a magazine they have Percy and James too so now I dont know if I want one to both be Thomas or different ones. Man, the decisions!!!!

31. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

We are doing Mario and Luigi. (Yes, I stole it from another Halloween post on here a few weeks back, and I don't even remember who it was, so I can't give proper credit!)

Other than the hats, it's all just regular clothes that they'll be able to wear any day of the year - it's just putting it together in the right combination, with the hats and mustaches, that makes it Mario and Luigi. So we're actually spending quite a bit of money, but it's not just for one day of use.

We are thinking this is probably the last year that we will have total say over what they wear - I know we always have the final say, but this is the last year that they won't even express an opinion! So we thought long and hard about this decision - and DH video game junkie could not be more excited about it!

32. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

I was trying to get my older daughter to be the wolf and the babies the three little pigs but she isn't buying it. DH would but may be working. That or Ashley as Cruella and three dalmatians.

33. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~butterflytwins~ @ Sep 8 2008, 08:42 PM) [snapback]970316[/snapback]
    I am thinking about making pebbles and bambam, and then dressing up the stroller as the flintstone car. I think it will be pretty neat to see, and I am rather excited to do it, I just hope i can get it done!

We did this the first year we dressed up. They were so cute and I got to try my hand at making their costumes for the first time! I attached some pics. The funniest thing was all the kids who asked what they were and, when we said Pebbles and BamBam they just gave us a blank look! They had no clue who the Flintstones were!

View attachment 4319
    View attachment 4317

34. MEARA

MEARA Well-Known Member

We make ours - this year Ivy had a bad accident so she is going as Evil Kenevil and Olive will be her nurse!

35. Mrs.B

Mrs.B Well-Known Member

Sam is Cat in the hat and Alex & Gabby are Thing 1 & Thing 2. There was so many to choose from so I let the 5 year old pick :) I ordered Sam's costume from costumecraze.com and Alex & Gabbys were through EBAY - this lady makes real cute costumes. Hey my mom is filipino and I always wondered if Halloween was a big event in the Philippines.