Halloween Costume

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by gyzmotwins, Sep 7, 2008.

1. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

A pink monster and a blue monster. DD1 is going to be a kitty..

2. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

The girlies are going to be clowns. My mom and I are n the process of making their costumes now. It's the first time I've made anything like that and I'm so excited to see how they turn out.

3. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jillangel @ Sep 9 2008, 11:48 AM) [snapback]971352[/snapback]
    I was trying to get my older daughter to be the wolf and the babies the three little pigs but she isn't buying it. DH would but may be working. That or Ashley as Cruella and three dalmatians.

I am thinking my 3 oldest will be the three little pigs and the baby will be the big bad wolf.
    Or we will have 3 princesses and a prince.

4. Shaylabear

Shaylabear Well-Known Member

Probably a Ballerina and Knight.

Last year it was Princess and Pirate.
    Year before they were Lion and yes, a Fairy Princess.
    Year before: Allie was a cat, Robbie a dog.

I wanted to do Blue/Magenta (they were both obsessed!) but couldn't find the costumes so late.
    We also tried Luke and Leia, but Allie soooo insisted on being a princess.

Thought about Dora/Diego this year (Robbie is way obsessed with Diego), but then I'll have to make their costumes. And if I make THEIR costumes, the other 4 kids (well, Liam-21 months- won't care) will want me to make their costumes, and dang if I have time or creative energy to make a bunch of silly pokemons or whatever, lol

5. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

How is it that you are choosing their costumes????

Mine told me in no uncertain terms that Liam is a car and Joss a snake.

6. sellet04

sellet04 Well-Known Member

I am in the process of making the boys lion costumes.

7. anicosia

anicosia Well-Known Member

The little two are going to be a giraffe and an elephant. My middle dd is going as a flamingo and my oldest is going as a zoo keeper.

8. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

DH and I love monkeys so we got the ON monkey costumes. They were the best looking ones and the cheapest! :)

9. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Sep 8 2008, 02:01 PM) [snapback]969548[/snapback]
    I think Hoops and YoYo. For those of you unfamiliar with them: Hoops and YoYo!!!

I'm going to try to make their costumes (in all that spare time I have!).

You'll definitely have to post some pics! K&M love Hoops & YoYo. We spend alot of time on the hallmark website checking out their e-cards.

QUOTE(momma*nic @ Oct 6 2008, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1014106[/snapback]
    The little two are going to be a giraffe and an elephant. My middle dd is going as a flamingo and my oldest is going as a zoo keeper.

Another photo request! Katherine loves flamingos! She was a flamingo last year!

10. Cathmar

Cathmar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(kstar @ Sep 7 2008, 03:51 PM) [snapback]967892[/snapback]
    I got the costumes from buycostumes.com, same place I got their bumble bee and lady bug costumes last year.

I have to out myself here and tell you that I stole your bumble bee/lady bug costume idea. In fact, after I read this a while back, I started telling everyone that I was dressing them up as these. Then I forgot where I got the idea from until today when I saw this. Thanks!

11. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I wanted to do Abby Cadabby since my girls LOVE her, but the costumes are $25-$30 each so I tried putting something together myself and it's just not working. We went today and bought some ladybug costumes from BJ's. I need to get more creative in the future I think.

12. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Cookie Monster & Elmo (b/c I got them for 75% off in early November last year).

13. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Oct 6 2008, 08:51 PM) [snapback]1014826[/snapback]
    Cookie Monster & Elmo (b/c I got them for 75% off in early November last year).

That is what my boys were last year. (Well my avi does show far animals as their costume but I ended up returning them because they were too hot but I got a picture first!)

My boys are going to be Thomas although they wanted it off when I tried it on them the other day. They are not big costume guys.

14. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Mine will be little Rock Stars.

Hopefully it will be cute. :)

Thomas has leathr pants and ELizabeth a leather skirt.

15. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tammy Fine @ Oct 7 2008, 07:35 AM) [snapback]1015135[/snapback]
    Mine will be little Rock Stars.

Hopefully it will be cute. :)

Thomas has leathr pants and ELizabeth a leather skirt.

That's a GREAT idea! I want to see pics!

16. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

QUOTE(*Jamie Lee* @ Sep 8 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]969038[/snapback]
    Last year my guys were Dragons. This year they want to be super heroes so I am thinking about one being spider man and the other being bat man.

I was wrong... they picked out these horses that goes around their waists and it looks like they are riding them. I am going to dress them as cowboys for them as well. Katie is a Pirate Princess. I can't wait to take pictures.

17. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

My mom sews and went and got the fabric for the girls costumes yesterday!

They're going to be a lady bug and a bee :)

Ladybug and Bee

I love the little tu-tus and the fact that they're going to be able to be warm! It's starting to get chilly up here!

18. mommato3

mommato3 Member

my 9 yr old DD is going to be a mailbox,

the twins---
    DS is gonna be a mail man and DD a piece of mail

my 9 yr old went along with it because she thought it would be so cool....!!!!

19. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mommymeg @ Oct 6 2008, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1014136[/snapback]
    DH and I love monkeys so we got the ON monkey costumes. They were the best looking ones and the cheapest! :)

Monkey's from ON also.... they tried them on the other day and would NOT take them off... They are beyond cute!