halloween costumes for 2.5 yo?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Oct 14, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

we brought our kids to party city to 'pick-out' their halloween costumes and one of my LOs wanted to be a choo choo train and the other a bee.
    however, i really dont know if thats what they 'want' to be, lol.

they will be 2.5 in november and im just wondering if its silly to attempt to let them choose or if i should just choose for them.

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Honestly my kids are 3.5 and I picked for them again. Not even sure DS will want to dress up at all, DD will love the princess dress either way.

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

No, my kids had an opinion last year about what they wanted to be (they were a little over 2.5 when they selected their costume).

4. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

No, at 2.5 they change their mind a lot. I might give them a choice of a couple and see if they prefer one. But I usually just come up with something and that's what they are. I make most of their costumes. The only problem at 2.5 is getting them to keep them on. Spencer is that age and is going to be a Minion (the kids are being the cast of Despicable Me... Margo, Edith, Agnes, Gru, Vector and a minion... the older kids came up with the idea for them to do it), and I suspect that the adorablehat I crocheted him will stay on about 30 seconds.

5. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

nope, I chose last year too at 2.5 yrs old... they were kinda "pebbles & bamm bamm" or rather just a cave boy & cave girl... they had so much fun and even wore the costumes later in the year. sadly I made them too fitting and they quickly became too small!

this year I'm still deciding! they love love saying they are a Pig & "George"... so I'm actually contemplating on that... but there are so many cute costumes out there and this will most likely be the last year that I could decide... so I might still decide at age 3.5 yrs

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

There's no harm in letting them chose, but if you have a certain something in mind, get them that and they won't care ;) I chose Mickey and Minnie for them this year, because I know it won't be long they'll be chosing their own, and I won't get to do the "cutesy/matching" things anymore! ;)

7. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I figure I'll choose this year & next. After that they'll be able to pick what they want. I know mine are intrigued with Halloween, but they have no real concept of it yet, so I'm doing what I like.

8. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

They think they picked, but it is kind of crazy that they decided to go with the costumes I already had picked out for them. At 3 1/2, they picked their own costume for the first time (without my input and direction).