Halloween Costumes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by christie76, Sep 15, 2010.

1. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I'm having a hard time coming up with costumes for the girls. I have a Thing 1 and Thing 2 tshirt. I was thinking of getting red sweatsuits and trying to find a blue wig. Not sure where to even get those. Not sure they would even wear a wig or even a hat. What is everyone else thinking of doing for costumes this year? I figure this might be the last year I get to pick.

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I got the dino and the butterfly ones from old navy... it's pretty much the only ones I liked that would be warm enough for Halloween.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We have a hand me down elephant costume from old navy, and then I just bought a dalmatian costume. Last year they were a zebra and a dragon (old navy as well- both hand me downs).

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

I have a couple things going through my head--
    Peter Pan/Tinker Bell/Captain Hook
    Pebbles/Bam Bam/Dino
    50's style for all 3-- jeans & Leather jackets for the boys with the cool gel hair :) And a poodle skirt outfit for Aly.

Since I don't have very many years left (if any) to pick their costumes then I have to take advantage of that :laughing:
    My oldest has been a Star Wars character for the past 4 years so I'm just hoping he ventures out of the box a little!

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Luke & Lila are going to be Superman & Supergirl. I ordered costumes from Amazon & the Supergirl one is especially nice. Superman is just okay, but I think they will be cute together.

6. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Allison is going to be Dorothy and Sarah a witch....I'm hoping Sarah will let me paint up her face green, but so far she's having nothing to do with that idea.

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just got home from Once Upon a Child. I wanted all of my kids to be themed. I went there not knowing what I was doing... I ended up with insects. LOL!

The boys will be a bee and a spider and Annabella will be a ladybug.

$25 for all three-I'm good. Although, I do like the bee from Old Navy a bit better... :laughing:

8. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

We are doing Ariel and tinkerbell. Their second bday they were pink poodles and I wore a poodle skirt. Three they were belle and sleeping beaut, last year we use their ballet costumes and they were fairies.

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Buzz Lightyear and Jessie from Toy Story - tried to get Ian to be Woody but no dice, so Tony may go as Woody LOL!

10. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Last year the girls were Salt & Pepper shakers. This year, Lauren wants to be a ninja and Mattie a knight :umm:

11. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I was thinking Ewoks, but I may change my mind. The boys adore nursery rhymes, so I'm contemplating doing something like Little Boy Blue (dressed in blue with a toy horn) and Jack Be Nimble (dressing gown, nightcap and fake candle).

12. jenniferkkelly

jenniferkkelly Well-Known Member

I tried to get mine to be in matching costumes, but they each are very insistent on being something they like. So my son will be Thomas the Train and my daughter will be a tiger.

13. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

:D

14. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

I ordered costumes from St. Jude for $5! http://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/shop.do?pID=15002. Wasn't what I was thinking they were going to be but they like bees and lions so I went with it since it was cheap, for a good cause, and my two aren't really old enough to care just yet. Plus, these are good with our weather since I can add to if it is cold and leave them be if too warm! It looks like they are out of stock this year, but they do have some cute Christmas stuff!

1 person likes this.
  15. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I just bought their's from Target over the weekend because they had their size in stock.

They will be Woody & Buzz from Toy Story.

I like doing themes for them and really could not think of anything else. The first year they were a monkey and banana. Second year a lion and giraffe. I was going back and forth between Toy Story and Elmo & Cookie Monster but those costumes are pretty expensive.

16. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

My husband is Star Trek fan so this year all l4 off us is dressing in those costumes.
    Cost me a bit money for costumes but lasting memories are more important.

17. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of asking my girls what they wanted to be. Piper chose to be an elephant and Cricket a lion. So I'm about to start searching for 4T animal costumes. When I mentioned that elephant and lion might be hard to find, Cricket volunteered to be a "sparkly princess" and Piper said she'd be happy to be ghost, so those are our fallbacks.

18. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

But all I've seen in the stores are the glittery ones or the non-sparkly ones. Waaahhhhh.

A&R are going to be Woody and Jessie from Toy Story.

19. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I just asked A&A what they wanted to be for Halloween and Addison said "a choo choo train" and Ava said "a girl" :laughing:

if I could pull it off I would do either night and day or Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde, I even thought about an A and a B

I saw a family one year that had several children and one of their daughters was Little Bo Peep and the rest of the kids were sheep - it was REALLY adorable!

20. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

This is what Addie and Aidan were for their 2nd Hallowen, when they were 15 months old. It was very cute.

21. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

Addie says she wants to be a mermaid (meaning Disney's Ariel), so I'm sure I'll track down a costume online for her. Aidan is a bit difficult. He's not mature enough to tell me what he wants to be, so I will probably let him pick something out at Target. He was Thomas last year and Addie was Tinkerbell.

22. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

C&B are going as Thing 1 & Thing 2 this year. I ordered the shirts and will get them red or red/white striped material to make pants. I also ordered blue feather boas. I am going to hot glue them to hats to make the "hair". I figured they would wear hats before they would wear a wig.

23. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was hoping that my two would go for a theme costume this year, but no such luck. DS wants to be Super Why and DD wants to be a bunny, so that's what they are. No turning back now, since I already have the costumes :laughing: It's cute to see them super excited for Halloween when the past two Halloweens, they could have cared less.

24. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I found someone on Etsy.com that makes blue fuzzy caps. I think I'll order those. I don't think mine will wear a wig either. I'm sure the caps won't last long either. I'm going to look for red pants and red long sleeve shirts to wear under the t-shirts. I think I'll get the Cat in the Hat hat for my husband to wear. I can't think of what I could wear.

25. samiam1229

samiam1229 Well-Known Member

Thomas is going to be Denis the Menace (perfectly appropriate) and Charlize is going to be an animal of some sort (she loves them all).

26. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

My DD has already said "Daddy you HAVE to be cat in the hat!" :laughing: We will see if he actually does it. He probably will though. He is a pretty good sport and does just about anything for his 'sweet little princess'. (Yes, she completely has him wrapped!) :lol:

27. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I got our costumes in the mail yesterday -- Amy is Alice in Wonderland and Sarah is Peter Pan. They are both thrilled with their costumes, thank goodness! Amy's is a little big (I got her a "child XS," because the toddler sizes only went up to 4) -- it comes down to her feet, so I may have to pin it up for trick-or-treating.

But they're both made of actual cloth and seem pretty sturdy (rather than the cheapo Disney costumes we had last year which appeared to be made of featherweight curtains :rolleyes: ), so hopefully they'll be used for dress-up for awhile after Halloween.

28. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

My girls are dressing as cowgirls. It was just a nice, simple thing and they'll be able to wear all the pieces of their costumes again. They are really excited about the pink boots from Children's Place! And MIL found them some great hats. :)

29. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I just finished making clown costumes for my two. They turned out so cute. I will have to post pictures. They match but with different colors.

30. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

My 3 are going to do Sesame Street. My son is HUGE on Elmo so that's what he's going as.. I'm sure one of the girls will pick Abbie Cadabby, and I'm going to try to get the other one to do Big Bird, but I'm going to let them pick. I tried to get DH to dress up as the Count and I would do Cookie Monster... LOL I thought that would be pretty hilarious to do a 'family' theme. :)

Last year they all dressed seperately (Princess, lady bug and Monkey) but the year before I had my son in a Pooh costume, then the girls did Tigger and Piglet.

31. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I wanted to try and stay with a theme this year, but not such luck. Owen is going as spiderman and Alissa is going as Tinkerbell. They tried them on this weekend and they look very cute and I am very excited for Halloween to get here.

32. kayte819

kayte819 Member

Isla is going to be Dorothy & Kingston is the cowardly lion. I tried to sell Zaire, my DS (3) on the tin man (I even said it was a robot lol) but so far he wants to be superman which stinks because I wanted them to all be super heros together next year when the babies are 2 :( Oh well! We shall see...

33. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_A9lxp7E5VFs/TKI18z8jTlI/AAAAAAAACtU/q8E0uC0ptkE/s1600/Virginia+end+258.JPG

Here are my kids after I made their costumes. I have cute wigs to go with them and maybe facepaint depending on their mood.

34. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two are going to be bat girl and super girl, but the only part of the costumes they are willing to wear is the dress. I got them some black and red tights to put underneath. They will not wear any sort of mask or anything extra on their arms or legs.

35. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Please tell me you're dressing up. I can think of so many things you could be!!