Halloween Costumes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bbyboo1323, Sep 29, 2011.

1. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Any ideas for costumes this year? The twins are just over 2 so I know the time is coming that I wont be able to pick it out anymore :( Just looking for cheap ideas!

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

At that age I got the butterfly and dragon from old navy - it was great! I picked for them again this year... really hard to find good quality costumes that are warm enough. I ordered some (pirate and princess) but I'm very disappointed in the quality, and that was after reading reviews!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At age 2, my daughter was a bunny and my son was Super Why. This year my daughter is going to be a Strawberry (ordered from Old Navy) and my son is going to be Max from Max& Ruby. Easy enough, we have bunny ears from Easter, he has a striped shirt and I just need to get him overalls and make a little bunny tail and he's ready to go.

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We just went to Old Navy the other day and everything was 25% off (I am sure it will be 40% next week, but last year the sizes got picked over early). Miles was desperate to be a chicken and Ozzy picked out the dragon costume. Children's place didn't seem to have much selection for 2 year olds this year, but I know last year they were crazy cheap closer to Halloween. I think I picked up robot costumes for them last year that were $12 each or something.

5. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

At 2,my boys were a lion and a giraffe. This is what they looked liked. I got the lion on Craigslist and bought the giraffe from someone here on TS. I think I paid around $12/each.

My one DS thought of their costumes this year. They are Thing 1 and Thing 2 and he wanted me to be the Cat in the Hat. We've already worn our costumes because the campground we go to has halloween weekends. I bought red sweat suits and ordered the iron on transfers from this woman on Ebay. The most expensive piece was the blue wig ($13/each) because I was in a rush to get them. I'm pretty sure if I looked around I could have paid less for them.

This is what we all look like.

If you are trying to save money, I would try Craigslist.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We're doing Mickey and Minnie for the twins this year! I've been wanting to do this since I found out i was having a boy and a girl, right before halloween 3 yrs ago :lol: Last year they went as pirate's, the year before we had a farm theme. My oldest son was a scarecrow, my oldest daughter was a butterfly, my boy twin was a farmer and my girl twin was a ladybug.

7. twingrandma

twingrandma Well-Known Member

I'm putting the boys in their tan "work" boots, plaid fleece shirt and carpenter jeans, they will carry their toy chainsaws and be loggers. Won't cost me anything this year.

8. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

We have a lion and a zoo keeper this year. The Lion costume is from DS#1 and the zookeeper costume is from the Target clearance rack last year. I got it for $3.

9. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

So far we have done Dorothy & the Scarecrow, a Ladybug & a frog and Tinkerbell & Spiderman. I have had good luck finding costumes at Target and Joanne's at good prices.

10. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

My DS is obsessed with bugs so he is going to be a bumblebee and DD will be a ladybug.

11. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You changed your name!!

12. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, this is our first time dressing up! I'm really excited! Ryan is going to be a bat (the costume was given to us from a friend). We got a really adorable clown costume from one step for Christopher. We have been playing a game called 'trickit or treat'...it's funny to see how excited they get!

13. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Yup :) This is my username on a couple of other forums as well as my twitter name, so it was easier to make things consistent :) I never liked the old one that much....wasn't thinking very creatively when I was a desperate sleep deprived mess of a mama with 1 month old twins! Damn that seems like so long ago!