Has all teeth but major teething symptoms!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by melissak, Aug 19, 2010.

1. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

My almost 3 year old has all his teeth. He never had any teething symptoms while he was getting his teeth. Never fussy, never chewed on fingers....nothing. Now all of a sudden he's chewing on his fingers, fist, drooling all over the place, fussy, saying his teeth hurt and waking up crying at night. I don't get it???? He has all his teeth!!!

2. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Could he maybe have a cavity? Or something stuck in between his teeth? My 3 year old's 2 year molars aren't all the way through yet, even though they're out through the skin, & I find him complaining about them from time to time. Do you think maybe his molars aren't all the way out?

IDK, if he kept complaining about it & you can't SEE anything, maybe a trip to the dentist?

Good luck!

3. debid

debid Well-Known Member

An ear infection can feel like mouth pain! I thought I'd hurt my jaw and finally went to the doctor because I could barely eat and was miserable. Double ear infection. And after a very minor cold. Who knew?!

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would try a dentist and then a doctor. Both cavity and ear infection are completely possible.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My first thought was ear infection. I hope he feels better soon! :hug:

6. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I was thinking ear infection or sinus infection. I know when I get a sinus infection, my teeth hurt. I hope he feels better soon.