Has anyone dilated without feeling contractions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momoftheforest, Sep 19, 2008.

1. momoftheforest

momoftheforest Well-Known Member

On Wednesday I was 2cm and almost 100%, today I started feeling really sharp pains when he would move, same amount of pressure and still not any really strong consistant contractions. Have anyone of you dilated without knowing. I feel like something is going on, but Im not sure what.

2. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

With my PTL with the twins, I was dilated 3cm and contracting every 3 minutes and I had no idea. After that was stopped and my water broke at 36 weeks, I hardly felt any contractions until about 6 cm. Not sure why...so to answer your question, yes.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

yup - i dilated to 3 cm without feeling a twinge. when i finally did start feeling some very very mild crampy sensations i dilated another 2 cm. i didn't really get any painful contractions until my water broke then my labour went like a bat outta hell! ;)

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I was at 1cm for a month I think and I wasn't having any contractions. I had minor contractions (kept me awake when I was horizontal) for 24 hours and found I had dialated to a 5cm. Perhaps you aren't feeling all of them.

eta: I did have 'bloody show' at about 15 hours into the contractions, which meant that my cervix was changing. My water never broke.

5. Brown Eyed Gurl

Brown Eyed Gurl Well-Known Member

I was dialated to a 3 for a couple months and didn't even know it