have any here babies had strep throat?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Saramcc, May 9, 2008.

1. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I have it and I can't go to the docs right now. Was curious if anyone had experience with their baby getting strep throat and how they were.

I'm going to have to stay away from them for awhile. :(

Edited: title: Has there been any babies that have had strep throat :D

2. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

My pedi told me that while it is possible for babies to get strep throat, it isn't very common in children younger than 2. That being said, I would still be careful about being around them. My twins had adenovirus, its like strep but its a virus. They had the pus in their throats and the super high fevers just like you would see in strep. They were miserable. I hope you get through this without passing it around. But try to get to the doc soon, you will need antibiotics if it is strep.

3. Mommy Rash

Mommy Rash Well-Known Member

Okay I've heard the same thing about kids under 2 not albe to get strep---lets just say C&J aren't 2 yet and have had it more time than I can count!

4. kcole

kcole Well-Known Member

My oldest child had it many times before the twins turned two and although it was contagious, neither of them ever got it. My doc told me the same thing - but I can't remember if he said one or two.

5. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My cousin's DS had it at 9 months when they were visiting down here. He was very irritable and had a fever. She never imagined it was strep but when they went to the urgent care they found out that he had strep.

My DD had it in Sept. at 19 months, she and he big sister then 7 had it at the same time. DS did not get it then, but I had him treated anyway since both his sisters had it.

6. JVC0625

JVC0625 Well-Known Member

My daughter used to get it all the time. Thank goodness she finally outgrew it. She always had a very high fever, vomiting, and slept ALOT. The only thing that ever helped was a round of antibiotics. Also, alternate Tylenol and Motrin for the fever and pain. The sore throat is just awful for little ones.

7. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Yeah, drs don't know everything. THey just call it something different. My DS had a sore throat and didn't want to eat for 3 days. But he did get over it with little harm except no sleeping for more than an hour. hope they don't catch it.