Have you decided on a name?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by luvrkids, Feb 10, 2012.

1. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

I dont know yet what I'm having but I do plan on finding out
    These are my picks.....

Boy- Alexander Richard Sternhagen..I like Xander for a nn, dh likes Alex as a nn.....What do u think about the name in full and nn's?

Girl- Avery Roseanne Sternhagen....I like Avy for a nn but probably just be a family nn only:)

I like mn Rose also but I think roseanne sounds better with last name. Which mn sounds better of the two when saying the full name?

Dh is almost 100% good with boy name and about 50% with girl name:(

Dh's Girl pick- Mila Rose Sternhagen(Me-Lah) I like it just not as much as Avery and I also think Avery goes better with my other kids names...What sibset combo do you like better?
    (if girl)
    Chris,Reese,Rylee & Avery
    or
    Chris,Reese,Rylee & Mila

(If boy nn)
    Chris,Reese,Rylee & Alex
    or
    Chris Reese,Rylee & Xander

Sorry so long, I still have a long time to decide but any comments would help

I also would love to hear your names:) *AMY*

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I like Avery, have always been a fan. I also prefer Avery Rose over Roseanne.

Love your boy name, and I like Xander for a nm

3. luvrkids

Awww thanks your on my side:) Yay!!!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I vote Avery Rose (I'm partial, though, as Rose is the middle name for our soon to be born daughter :) ) for a girl.

I like Alexander and think the nickname will come in time. You'll know what to call him when it feels right. :)

5. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

We find out next month what sex our baby is, but we've pretty much got names figured out. A boy will be John David and a girl will be Ruth Kathryn.

6. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I like Avery and Alexander. I love Zander as a nickname, but I think Alex flows better with your other kids' names. I haven't really even thought about names... we find our boy or girl next week, so we will wait to see who is in there! My husband gets to pick the name... part of our negotiation for having #4. Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

7. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

You gave up naming rights? Woah. That's huge :D My DH is always trying to "bet" me naming rights but I'm too chicken to do it (eventhough I'm always right ;) )

As for the original question I like Avery and Alexander. I do like Xander as a nickname.

8. luvrkids

Thanks ladies and love you name choice's Scappycindy:)
    Weegus you are very brave to give full control, we gave eachother the power to name same sex but only if the other agreed and liked it....I really like dh's choice of boy name but he isnt on board yet with my girl name but he hasnt said no plus I think he thinks its going to be a boy anyways lol:)
    I love Xander for a nickname but I also think Alex flows better with my other kids, not sure how thats gonna turnout:) and I do like the spelling Zander way better then Xander but I feel like I have to spell it Xander because of the spelling Alexander, I'm not about spelling it Alexzander just so I can spell nn Zander lol...What do you think of the spelling Alexzander?

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I LOVE both Avery and Alexander! I do agree that Avery sounds better with your other kids names! I do Like Rose better than Roseanne. I also agree with cheesewhiz24, I think Alexanders nn will come with time! I think either nn sounds great with the other kids names!

And if I gave up naming rights oh my gosh, Easton would have been Jekyll - no joke.

10. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I like Rose also - but its Abby's middle name...not a fan of Xander - but that's just personal choice....

11. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I don't like Alexzander... but that's just me. I like traditional spellings. Hannah, Mary, John or Ruth. Pretty traditional.

12. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Yep, I gave up naming rights, but he is open to suggestions. I hope to God it is a girl because the only name he wanted for our boys was Jed... the same name as some dude from the movie "Red Dawn" that he always thought was cool. But, that isn't nearly as bad as Jekyll!!

13. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I like Avery Rose - close to Abigail Rose :) I like Alexander but like Alex rather than Xander for a nick name..but again I'm not a big fan of X names...just a personal choice

14. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I like Avery Rose better than Roseanne. I like Mila, but I agree with you that Avery goes better with siblings. I like Alexander, but I'd have to wait until he was born to decide Xander vs. Alex. Those seem like wry different kids to me. In a vacuum, I prefer Alex. If Xander, definitely the X. How cool to be the kid whose name starts with X! And for me, I do not like adding a z to Alexander in any form. A lifetime of misspelled name is annoying (take it from one who knows!)

15. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Oh God, I remember the Jekyll debacle. So wrong!

16. twinkatsmommie

twinkatsmommie Active Member

My names are MJ (Madison Judith) no middle name....and Ariel Marie. My daughter named Ariel and I love Madison and Judith is for my honey grandma who passed away in Jan. I was very close to her and it just fit.