Have you ever asked your kids

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by moski, Jun 8, 2009.

1. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We've done it recently and I loved the answers:

"Meghan, what do you want to be when you grow up?" "Um, I want to be a clown, Mama!"
    "Nolan, what do you want to be?" "I want to be a kid." (Yeah, me too!! ;) )

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:laughing: A clown and a kid! Love it! :rotflmbo:

My daughter wants to be Dora and my son wants to drive a digger or a garbage truck. :good: They've also informed me today that they will both be marrying me. :wub:

3. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

My little ones can't answer yet, but Nadia has a whole list, including a chef, an artist, a pro golfer, a librarian, and an author/illustrator. She recently took "mommy" off the list, because she decided it would hurt too much to "get the baby from the inside to the outside."

When she was younger, she used to say she wanted to be a daddy, because that seemed easier than being a mommy. My DH took issue with that, LOL.

:lol:

4. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Becca34 @ Jun 8 2009, 02:38 PM) [snapback]1346142[/snapback]
    When she was younger, she used to say she wanted to be a daddy, because that seemed easier than being a mommy. My DH took issue with that, LOL.

:lol: She's one smart cookie!

My DS wants to be a preacher (my pastor's influence :)) and DD says, "I want to be a preacher's wife (We often have to remind her that she can't marry her Bubby). But, when I'm not being a preacher's wife, I want to be like Hannah Montana." :rolleyes: How does she even know anything about Hannah Montana? We never watch it and they are home with me all day!

5. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Becca34 @ Jun 8 2009, 12:38 PM) [snapback]1346142[/snapback]

Oh, I love this. How funny and cute.

I just asked my girls what they wanted to be when they grew up. After careful consideration, Piper would like to be "pink" and Cricket wants to be "a tall giraffe. With a hump." So maybe she wants to be a camel-giraffe. ;)

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My little ones can't answer yet, but Nadia has a whole list, including a chef, an artist, a pro golfer, a librarian, and an author/illustrator. She recently took "mommy" off the list, because she decided it would hurt too much to "get the baby from the inside to the outside."

:rotflmbo: What a smart cookie! :laughing:

7. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I havent asked the twins, but I will ask them tonight. Im sure I'll get some funny responses.

My 4 yr old DD has told me that she wants to be a mommy and a Doctor. We have told her that she has to be a doctor FIRST. ;)
    My 5 yr old doesnt talk about it much except when discussing sports, so he has mentioned being a football player.

8. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Leah wanted to be a Police Officer and now she wants to be a Veterinarian.

The boys just have blank stares. Guess they dont know yet ;)

9. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Too funny, Mo!

I just asked.

Michael's response: An ice cream seller!
    Hmmmm, the ice cream man (aka music truck) made his first appearance in the neighborhood over the weekend.

Katherine's response: I want to work in the office with Daddy. I also want to be a Momma but don't want to have a baby.

10. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just asked my two the other day. Lila wants to be a firefighter (I assume because daddy is) and Luke wants to be a frog (a black frog, to be exact). After awhile, Luke changed his mind & said he wanted to be a "truck guy." :D

11. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

As of yesterday, Whit wants to be a firefighter and Carmen wants to drive a bulldozer.

12. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Nick: Pulling weeds :laughing:
    Joe: Wrecking ball driver
    Nick (realizing that Joe's answer was WAY more fun than pulling weeds modified his to): Construction worker so I can scoop dirt....AND pull weeds. :D

13. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I just asked... Trent wants to eat doughnuts and Trevor wants to be a kitty. And now they're arguing about it. :rolleyes: After our last dentist appointment, they both wanted to be dentists for weeks and they still mention it once in a while.

ETA: I told Trent that I'm pretty sure they don't pay people to eat doughnuts and he wrinkled his forehead and asked why not. Why not, indeed...

14. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Some priceless answers!! :wub: :rofl:

Martin wants to be an Astronaut and Ali is going to be a doctor some days and then she's going to fly on the space ship with Martin on other days!

15. mel&3

mel&3 Well-Known Member

Sarah wants to be a firefighter... specifically to drive the fire truck, and Hannah wants to be a school bus driver.

16. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Mine are too young to have any clue about this stuff, but I am :rofl: at these! :lol:

17. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Shoot, now I wish they hadn't fallen asleep so I could ask them! Remind me to ask them tomorrow. These are hilarious.

18. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dfaut @ Jun 8 2009, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1346397[/snapback]
    Some priceless answers!! :wub: :rofl:

Martin wants to be an Astronaut and Ali is going to be a doctor some days and then she's going to fly on the space ship with Martin on other days!

Now that is sisterly love!!

my twins can't answer that yet but my boys want to be skateboarders and football players.

19. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

In M & J's preschool graduation program, they listed every child's answer to that question.

Jade: "Astronaut" <--- not surprising she is my little space cadet!
    Melissa: "A cheerleader at a hockey game and a veterinarian." <-- I guess the latter is for in case the cheerleader thing doesn't pan out.

20. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I have to remember to ask mine tomorrow (when hopefully they're in a better mood :rolleyes: ).

Amy has previously said she wanted to be a firefighter, be a doctor, and ride a bicycle. I don't think Sarah has expressed an opinion....

Melissa: "A cheerleader at a hockey game and a veterinarian." <-- I guess the latter is for in case the cheerleader thing doesn't pan out.

:laughing:

21. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

Last year in school they asked the girls that question. One said, "Teacher" My other daughter said, "A Princess."

22. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Lennon wants to either be:

1. A pirate (who only steals jewels from rich people and he'll give them to poor people, guess he'll be "Pirate Hood")

2. A police so he can drive his car really fast - faster than the signs say. :lol:

23. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Ben: "a reptile doctor"
    Hannah: "a princess"

24. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So, so true!! :rofl:

QUOTE(debid @ Jun 8 2009, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1346381[/snapback]
    ETA: I told Trent that I'm pretty sure they don't pay people to eat doughnuts and he wrinkled his forehead and asked why not. Why not, indeed...

Maybe he could be the doughnut tester for Dunkin Donuts? :D

QUOTE(marieber @ Jun 8 2009, 09:18 PM) [snapback]1346708[/snapback]
    In M & J's preschool graduation program, they listed every child's answer to that question.

Jade: "Astronaut" <--- not surprising she is my little space cadet!

The cheerleader thing didn't pan out for me, either, that's why I ended up in finance. :laughing:

QUOTE(mama23boys @ Jun 8 2009, 10:05 PM) [snapback]1346771[/snapback]
    Lennon wants to either be:

1. A pirate (who only steals jewels from rich people and he'll give them to poor people, guess he'll be "Pirate Hood")

2. A police so he can drive his car really fast - faster than the signs say. :lol:

:rotflmbo:

All these answers are so precious!!

25. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

OMG I'm literally laughing out loud here in my office!!! :laughing: Thanks guys- I *really* needed a good laugh this morning!!!

26. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

Same answers for both my girls. They are going to have dual careers as firemen and ballerinas!

27. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

First answer was:

Ainsley - Work on computers like Daddy
    Bea - Pick flowers

But then Ainsley argued that "grown-ups don't pick flowers" and she wanted Bea to do the same thing as her. So then Ainsley changed to ballerina and now Bea says ballerina too.

Oh and they also asked me what I do, and I said I'm a mommy. But then they asked "But what else do you do?" so I explained everything else I do. They did not seem impressed.

28. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Snittens @ Jun 9 2009, 02:35 PM) [snapback]1347650[/snapback]
    Oh and they also asked me what I do, and I said I'm a mommy. But then they asked "But what else do you do?" so I explained everything else I do. They did not seem impressed.

Make sure you remind them of that often when they have babies of their own. :spiteful:

29. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Katelyn always answers that she is going to be a mommy.

Blake says a baseball player. I can't imagine where he gets that from! lol

30. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

The Girls cant answer that one yet. But when my almost 18 year old was small, he would say he wanted to become a 'story writer". He has just won a competition and got his own weekly colomn in a daily news paper and is studing Journalism (oh so proud of him, hence the brag...)
    Kyle, who would be 12 wanted to to become a sports man, he has subsequently changed his mind a 1000 times...

31. Mommy2ATeam

Mommy2ATeam Well-Known Member

I asked the girls last night and Alana said she wants to be Snow White and Alexis said she wants to be Dorothy (from the Wizard of Oz). I don't think they quite get the concept of careers yet. DH (the actor) said that it just means they'll be performers and playing those parts on stage or screen. Since Alana is always acting out whatever princess story she's obsessed with at the time, it wouldn't surprise me in the least! :D

32. li li

li li Well-Known Member

These responses are absolutely wonderful. I just got around to asking my girls this question and they both answered: "a big girl with a baby". I just hope they mean a very very big girl. Years and years down the line. Could this be a reaction to both their parents having very serious jobs?!

I do know that my entire family used to roar with laughter when I was little as I too didn't want babies as they hurt too much. Thank goodness I changed my mind ...