Having pants issues

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jball9087, Apr 23, 2007.

1. jball9087

jball9087 Active Member

I've been looking at some of the other belly pics from those of you who are 34-37 weeks and I'm just wondering, are you having any trouble keeping your pants up? The only thing that grew on me this pregnancy is my belly. Hips and butt havent really grown and I'm having a heck of a time keeping my pants from falling down! I have some full panel pants, but most of them just slide right back down my belly! And the mid-belly and low rise styles that I have feel like the are so low they are about to reveal my woo-woo! :blink: And forget about shirts that are long enough to cover everything. Getting dressed is becoming quite a chore!

2. Miranda L

Miranda L Member

Girl, I know exactly what you mean! I have like 2 pairs of pants I can wear right now and one style shirt from Target in 3 different colors. Uggghhh!!! They are the only shirts long enough to cover (for the most part) my belly! You can still see a little tummy if I don't keep it pulled down. I'm so tired of these clothes, so tired of being uncomfortable all the time! I'm ready for my girls to get here...but trying to hang on for another 6 weeks, as I'm 31 weeks this week.

3. 2BMommyof2

2BMommyof2 Well-Known Member

I'm not 34 weeks yet, but I feel your pain. I have a pair of work pants that still fit, 3 sweaters and 1 short sleeved shirt. I mostly hang out at home and walk around the house in maternity gaucho pants from Old Navy and a T-shirt. I've recently started a 5 day work from home schedule, so I don't even need the work pants anymore. I dread leaving the house because I hate walking around looking like a dufus in slacks, a sweater and flip flops in 80 degree weather. My solution - I rarely ever leave. Too bad my gaucho pants weren't more stylish!

4. jball9087

jball9087 Active Member

Too funny! I have 3 shirts of the same style in different colors from Target too! Their shirts are the only ones long enough to even come close to covering everything! I guess I was starting to have this problem before 34 weeks...its probably been going on for the last month but now I'm getting more and more irritated by it!

5. Ericka B

Ericka B Well-Known Member

The only pants I can wear are maternity black workout pants. They have a full panel but I wear them folded over just under my belly. They are the only kind I can wear like that without being very uncomfortable. I found them at Motherhood Maternity, and I have resorted to wearing a lot of DH's shirts. I also have some of Target's plain long sleeve shirts in different colors but I keep having to buy bigger sizes. I don't go that many places though so I don't have any advice about dressing nice :) Sorry.

6. ssbard

ssbard Well-Known Member

I'm only at a little over 20 weeks, but have a horrible time keeping my pants up, especially jeans--I guess because they are a little heavier. Found some black lycra pants at Sears and Motherood Maternity that are great. THey are light weight, very stretchy and definintely much nicer than jeans because they don't roll up at the top.

7. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

somewhere online I came across suspender things that actually hook to your bra's and hold your pants up. In a twin pregnancy i am not sure how well these would work but i guess it's worth trying. I always got chuckles in the stores from strangers around me while i was pushing a cart and hiking pants up with the other hand b/c they were falling down. I guess i lived in DH's shirts as well...and i found a motherhood tank top (hidious and bright yellow - i looked like a school bus) that i wore out by the end b/c it would actually cover my stomach. Good luck ladies - here's the link for those suspenders...

8. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

By 30 weeks, I was down to 2 pairs of pants: A pair of XL men's sweatpants (not my DH's -- he's a medium!) for around the house, and a pair of stretchy black yoga-type pants (from Target -- love em!) for whenever I left the house. I wore them both pulled way up over the belly. I couldn't wear anything remotely fitted or stiff, like maternity jeans or chinos -- it had to be completely stretchy. And I've never been able to stand anything touching my belly (pre- and post-pregnancy), but it was the only way when I was that size. I was also wearing XL maternity shirts (also from Target -- love em!) even though normally I'm an 8. It's a good thing I was on bedrest, as I was totally not presentable.

Hang in there and look forward to the day when you will look at those clothes and go "Whooooaaaa! Was I really that big?" ;)

9. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

I completely agree with all of you. Out-grew the pants and they fall and the shirts just rise up because they are not long enough to cover the belly. It's very frustrating when you still have several weeks in your pregnancy and you're already using XL and out-growing your clothes. :angry:

However, I do have a suggesting. I found the BEST maternity sweat-pants at Motherhood. They are capri and go right below the belly. They come in a variety of colors with a white line on the side; they are super cute and very stylish. They have a wide elastic but the elastic is loose not tight and it has a very big stretch. I bought those and I truly love them. They are very comfortable too. Since 1/3 to 1/2 of my belly is being covered with the pants, I'm able to wear those shirts that rise up because my pants cover my belly so there's nothing to show; and front the back - they sit on the waistline very comfortably. Nothing to show there either.

You ladies should give these a try if you haven't done so yet. You'll love them. :D

10. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I was pregnant in the summer, and by the end the only thing that either wasn't falling off or riding up was a pair of white shorts overalls. I wore them almost every day and looked like an oompah loompah, but they were really comfy.

11. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

I am in Florida so I am lucky that I can wear shorts pretty much all day. I wear athletic shorts and roll them at the waist which seems to help as well. I absolutely cannot stand any type of elastic or anything on my stomach. You may think I am nuts but I do not worry too much about my shirts riding up when I am out running errands and stuff. My belly peeks out but it doesn't bother me. I like to wear tighter fitting tanks and maternity shirts from Target so that I don't look like a walking trash bag.

When we go out at night I have one pair of Jeans and a jean skirt that I can wear. I also went to Target and bought a couple of sundress type things that are casual enough to wear out to dinner but comfy and fairly cute also.

I have been fortunate that it has been sandall weather down here for a while.

Amy

12. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

I have some knit yoga pants from Kohl's that are still sort of working -- they have a full belly panel, but I wear it rolled down under the belly (or sometimes over, depending on what I'm wearing on top). I bought a bunch of pairs in black and gray, and good thing, because *nothing* else is working.

I had a cute pair of maternity jeans from the Gap that I loved, but they're not fitting anymore -- my arse and thighs have gotten huge, like my belly. Must be all the Ben & Jerry's I'm eating, you know, for the protein. :rolleyes:

Thankfully my DH is 6'4" and wears extra-tall shirts....and he's a big guy, too, so his 2XLT polo shirts are working for me. I look like a man, but whatever, at least everything is covered....

TEN more weeks for me (at most)! I tell myself every day that I can deal with this for X more weeks/days.....

13. SilvrHeart

SilvrHeart Well-Known Member

the belly-up suspenders Eyeler07 mentioned are the only things keeping my jeans up. I bought them early on, before I really needed them, but they became very useful very quickly. I'm pretty close to outgrowing my jeans, though, and not even belly-ups are going to help me then! Like a lot of you, I'm outgrowing things on what seems to be a daily basis . . . when I am in the office, skirts and dresses continue to work the best for me - they still fit very well and are the most comfortable thing for now. When I'm home, DH's boxer shorts and big t-shirts are the best!!!!