Having stomach pain...been sick all day...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by NicoleJ, Aug 26, 2008.

1. NicoleJ

NicoleJ Well-Known Member

Ok my sister who has had twins before told me it could be pain from round ligament pain, but I don't think it is.

Last night it started as around my belly button, and then has moved to the right like right above my hip. I haven't had my appendix removed, I have been vomitting sick for the past hour or so and the pain has gotten progressively worse as the day has gone on. I am fearing this is what it is and I am either about to call 911 or call my MIL to come take me to the ER cause I can't stand it anymore.

2. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

I hope everything truns out ok. Keep us posted. :hug99:

3. NicoleJ

I have called my MIL to come and take me to the hospital. My OB is meeting us there, its unbearable. My sister, who's staying with me, will update when there's something to tell from here. Hopefully its nothing, but I can't take it anymore.

4. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am thinking of you and hoping everything is ok. :hug99:

5. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

If you do go to the ER and there is not an OB on call, make SURE that they check your ovary. I had an ovarian torsion at 17 weeks with Elizabeth due to a canteloupe sized cyst in my right ovary. It is NOT something the ER will routinely check for. If they don't find them quickly you can have necrosis and lose your ovary & tube. I'm not saying that's what it is and I don't want to scare you, but just ask! I went to the OB thinking it was my appendix or my gall bladder and ended up in emergency surgery for my ovary. I hope you figure out what it is soon. The pain was horrible, so I can relate! Keep us posted.

6. NicoleJ

This is Nicole's sister updating...

Melissao- Her OB met her and John's mom at the ER and was able to rule out anything in that department.

She's being prepped for an emergeny surgery to remove her appendix at 10:00. (about 10 minutes from now) They did an u/s of her abdomen and found her appendix inflamed, her gall bladder is fine.

This is all I know, she asked me to come on her name and update. She will be in the hospital for at least 48 hours. I am going to go sit with John's mom up at the hospital. I will update most likely tomorrow.

7. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I hope all will go without complications!!

8. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

I know it sucks to be pregnant and have to go thru an E-operation - had a cystectomy at week 4-5 too muself.

Hope everything will be fine. Keeping you in my prayers.

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Oh no!!!! She is in my thoughts and prayers!!!!! Bless her heart!!

10. Carrie27

Carrie27 Well-Known Member

Poor thing! Thanks for the update. We are all thinking about you and hope you have a speedy recovery!

11. NicoleJ

Good Morning Everyone.

This is Nicole's sister....she had a good night. She got some much needed sleep, she didn't sleep at all the night before. Her surgery took about 90 minutes and they had to do it the old fashion way, she has a 3 inch incision (not too sure...I almost puked when I saw it) They did an u/s this morning to check on Alyssa and Nathan, and they are perfect. They weren't very active, but the doctor said that it was from the medicine mom is on from surgery.

If all goes well, she will be discharged tomorrow evening. John is due to get in this afternoon from his business trip.

So everything is well here. She made sure to remind me to update you guys a few dozen times, ;).

12. smitch

smitch Well-Known Member

So glad to hear she and the babies are doing well!!! You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

13. christencameron

christencameron Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that she's feeling well and the babies are doing fine. Now we'll just pray for a speedy recovery!

14. NicoleJ

Hello Gang! One final update from the sister....Nicole had a great day today, her pain level is under control. If it stays this way, she could go home as early as tomrrow morning, but if not it will be tomorrow evening.

So the next update you get will be from her, she is ready to be home. :D

15. Lizzybo

Lizzybo Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the updates! I hope she recovers quickly and relatively pain-free. I remember my appendectomy many many years ago - and it was the old-fashioned way, too. I wasn't pregnant, though. My heart goes out to her.