He passed

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by TFine, Jun 23, 2008.

1. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

But failed the portion where they check ear drum activity.

Apparently his hearing is fine but it is all muffled from the fluid in his ears. This confirms what the ENT suspected. I guess the ear tubes are a go.

I am just so thankful his hearing is normal.

2. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I'm glad his hearing is normal too! I'm glad the ENT knows exactly what to do :hug99: .

3. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that his hearing is ok!!! That is really good news!

So when will they put tubes in his ears?

4. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~butterflytwins~ @ Jun 23 2008, 06:04 PM) [snapback]841806[/snapback]
    Glad to hear that his hearing is ok!!! That is really good news!

So when will they put tubes in his ears?

Over an hour ago they said they would call back in 15 minutes................ I am still waiting and wondering how long I should wait before I call back.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:hug99: Tammy. Good luck with the f/u and let us know how you guys are doing.

6. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Tammy Fine @ Jun 24 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]842761[/snapback]
    Over an hour ago they said they would call back in 15 minutes................ I am still waiting and wondering how long I should wait before I call back.

Hopefully they will call you back soon! I would wait until after lunch and if you have not heard by then I would call them back. (my SIL had to book appointments at her place of work and sometimes it took longer than expected)

Let us know when you find out :hug99:

7. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great news! I hope the tubes help...I am optimistic they will! This should help with his talking as well, right?

8. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

That's great!!

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Tammy, I'm so happy to hear that he passed his hearing test. I'm sorry he has to get tubes, but if it will help him... :hug99:

10. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Oh Tammy, I'm SOOO happy Thomas passed his hearing test! That's soo reassuring!

I'm sorry you'll still have to do tubes, but just think of the difference it'll make for him! Who knows...maybe the first word after he 'hears' will be "MAMA" :)???

Keep us posted on when he'll get his tubes placed!

11. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Tammy,

The son of a friend of mine had the same thing... good hearing but fluid that was blocking his ears. The change was amazing once the ear tubes were placed. I hope you see the same thing with Thomas!