Headaches

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Lydia, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

Hi Gals,
    I am curious to know if anyone has a child who experiences headaches. My son recently started to get short, stabbing pains on the top of his head. When it happens he grimaces in pain, holds his head, and wimpers or cries. We took him to the E-R and we are following up with a pediatrician at a Sick Kid's Hospital. In the meantime we are dealing with these episodes many times a day. Our E-R pediatrician felt it warrants a CT or MRI and told us what it could be indicative of: a vascular issue, a cyst or growth, migraine type headaches, or a heat stroke type headache. Some of that worries me but in the meantime I'm trying not to jump to conclusions. They were going to keep him in the hospital this past weekend but he is completely fine in every aspect of his development, neurological testing, and blood work so they decided to release him until tomorrow when we see the doctor. I just would like to hear other people's experiences. Thanks in advance.

2. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

My DS told me the other day he had a headache but nothing like what your son is experiencing. I hope all is well. Please keep us updated.