healthy second preganancy after difficult twin pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by danasacks, Dec 27, 2012.

1. danasacks

danasacks Active Member

we are about to be outnumbered. we just found out we are expecting number3!!! The twins will be 20 months when this lil bean comes out. (HOLY CRAP.) Here is my question: I had an irritable uterus and hyperdynamic cervix with the twin pregnancy and it landed me on bedrest for 6 months, and delivery at 34 weeks. anyone have something similar and then go on to have a perfectly normal singleton pregnancy?

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had an irritable uterus, although it didn't bother me too much other than some bedrest. I was able to keep up fairly well with my boys, had no bedrest with my daughter. Actually, there were no complications whatsoever with my singleton- it was nice and easy, breezy... except for the morning sickness.

Congratulations with #3!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congrats!

With my twins, I had an irritable uterus with my cervix shortening suddenly at 27 weeks. I was on modified bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy with the girls arriving at 34+1.

My singleton was complication free & was born at home at 39+6, a whopping 9lbs 2oz.

4. marikaclare

marikaclare Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I had an irritable uterus, cervical shortening and funneling, bed rest, and then our twins acutely developed TTTS and had to come early. With #3, I was followed closely but I had an uneventful, easy pregnancy and she was born full term at 39 weeks 5 days. Good luck!