Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Maymay, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Maymay

Maymay Well-Known Member

When the boys were babies, I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child because it came so highly recommended by other twin parents. I just saw on Amazon that Marc Weissbluth has another book called Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins. I think it just came out in June but dang! where was this when I needed it???
    I would still consider buying it if it has info that would still pertain to slightly older kids. Has anybody read it?

2. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I haven't read it (jsut the original HSHHC), but I bet it will be a popular one among twin moms!!

3. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

I have not read it but can't imagine an entire book about sleep habits of twins. In his HSBHC, he has a chapter on twins and siblings.

I doubt I will buy it. His original book has chapters that pertain to older kids and teenagers so I'll be holding on to it for years to come.

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have not read it either. I am curious about it and I might check it out from the library just to see what he has to say.

5. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

OOH! I would be curious to see if anyone has read it & what they thought of it. There are 2 other twin mamas at my church that I was thinking could benefit from this book. I read & have HSHHC and I loved it, so I've recommended it to them, but if there is one specifically for twins it might be better :)

6. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

According to the reviews on Amazon, if you read the first book you won't get much out of this book. A lot of the information is the same.

7. hsuter

hsuter Well-Known Member

I have it and read it. The original is WAY better and has tons more information. The twin book is probably 1/4 of the size as the original. All of the information is basically the same too. The only things that are different are-
    the "never wake a sleeping baby" doesnt apply to twins. Wake the other twin so they are on the same schedule.
    It also talks about when/if they should be in seperate rooms. Basically if one is highly disturbing the others sleep. However, not everyone has the choice of seperate rooms.

8. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

It's probably mostly the same info just another way to market it and make more $$. I read the first one, thought it was great and applied it to both babies...it REALLY is a great book!

9. debfitz

debfitz Well-Known Member

I forgot that book came out in June. I really liked the first one too. I probably won't get the twin one either.

10. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

well, i guess i have to be the one to take exception! i know twin mama's love this book, but i found it so poorly organized it was hard to concentrate! honestly, i don't know how he wrote the book but i'm not sure he ever had an outline;). i didn't like his attitude towards attachment parenting, either (talk about being defensive!). the whole 'extinction' thing to me is another issue (i don't want to slam cio cuz i know it's a choice of many parents whom i respect profusely).... he is known now as the 'father of cio,' and even ferber has criticized some of his methods. so, i wouldn't read the second book.

however...... it's helped lots of twin families, and whatever works, works!

:), jl

11. heidi rodriguez

heidi rodriguez New Member

Those kinds of things always come out when one really wants to occupy them, and when they leave I prefer to forget about acquiring something that will not serve me I had my children and I did the best since I did not even know how to take care of twins but I started reading and take the best things like let's say vitaminize me with the best because when lactasia arrived my offspring would leave me worse than dry cow and I started taking all the good things that my father told me where to buy some good vitamins, where he got his medical supplies in Canada that's where I asked for those vitamins, minerals and proteins so that I would not miss anything when they arrived

12. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

Hey! Every time I order oil from Vibes CBD, I think how to restrain myself and not order for all the money, it's easy to do this on their website https://vibescbd.co.uk. After all, their products are top-notch, the quality is the best and, most importantly, there is benefit. Therefore, of course, I could not resist a couple of times and ordered their cool oil to all my friends and relatives.