Heart rates to determine gender

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tracy Ward, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Tracy Ward

Tracy Ward Member

Hi all,

We are at the 30 week mark and have not been game to ask the gender of our babies. Needless to say the suspense is killing me. My heart tells me they are girls, but that doesn't amount to a fair and sensible reason to purchase pink! I would love to know, and can tell you that from the scans this week both babies heart rates are in the 140's. I have heard that this can offer some insight. What were your babies heart rates in relation to gender?

Thanks

2. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

I didn't find out genders either - and I'm glad I didn't. Even more surprise in the delivery room!

With DD, she started in the 180s and settled in the 140s. The boys...who knows! :rolleyes: They were all over the place, but we had more 130s than anything else. I swore I was having 2 girls, then the day of delivery convinced myself it was one of each. Lo and behold I had 2 little boys!

3. Haydie

Haydie Well-Known Member

I think the OWT is 140 below is boy and over 150 is girl? Either way it never worked for me both my boys would have been girls with their hb's. :)

4. Robynsegg

Robynsegg Well-Known Member

Baby A is on my right and Babay B is on my left. Based on heart beats, we were convinced that Baby A was a boy and Baby B was a girl, but it was actually the other way around.....so in our case, it didn't hold true.

Robyn
    38+2 weeks with boy/girl twins
    Induction tomorrow - December 3rd!

5. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We didn't find out genders either...its such a great surprise!!:) The boys held around 140-150 the whole time:) Good luck!

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I will tell you that both my girls heartbeats were always in 160's. My DS's was always 145 and below. The old wivestale is a fast h/b=girl and slower= boys. So based on that and my experiences and my sisters too (all their girls have been over 155 all the time as well). So based on that an my experience I would say 140 would be a boy.

7. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Mine were all over the place too. at 10 weeks both were 170ish, after that it was 163, 158 and at the 18 wk scan when I found out the genders, DS was 144 and DD was 156. After that they stayed in the 150s within a few beats of each other so its always hard to tell!

8. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The old wives tale didn't hold here. My twins are b/g and their hb's were very close at almost every check.

9. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

our heartrates have been the exact same at every ultrasound....wonder if that means we'll have b/b or g/g? Hmmmm...we won't know the sex for another month or so! But they consistently are in the 160s.

10. HollyP

HollyP Well-Known Member

B/B twins here - always 140-155 bpm. I don't honestly think the heart rates hold true to any gender, just my two cents.

11. Tracy Ward

Tracy Ward Member

It is gettting exciting, I am glad we don't know. We have had one of those eventful pregnancies, abruption and previa at 13 weeks, four months bed rest, rhesus factor and transfer of blood due to hemorage, eight weeks bleeding, pre eclampsia and already effaced and 3 cms dialated at 30 weeks. Out of bed for two weeks but back in now and counting down the days. It is amazing that these little babies have held on for all the concerns and should they be born with both sex organs, well I wouldn't consider that an issue, I couldn't wish for more than their lives. We have been truley blessed with each passing day and after reaching the 28 week mark started to breathe a little easier.

I can't believe I am on the down side. Anyone else at the 30 week mark? Scan on Monday placed babies at 3lb 3oz and 2lb 11oz, so they are only slightly underweight weighing in perfectly for 28 week old babies.

Would love to talk more often with other mums and have been thrilled to find this site as most are not so interactive.

Thanks for all your support ladies.

Tracy

12. kerina313

kerina313 Well-Known Member

Mine at 12 weeks were in the higher 160's. We had a CVS done and found out boy and girl. This boy's was actually higher than the girls :)

I'm glad you're on your downward slope... enjoy your two surprises :)

13. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would have a boy (hb in the 150s) & a girl (low 140s) if hb worked for us... as it is, my 'girl' (actually a boy) was born with 1 undesended testicle, LOL.

14. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Well, let me preface by saying that I don't think heart rates are determinative of gender. My doctor told me they are right 50% of the time. Ha ha. But, the wives tale is that girls have higher heart rates, and that was true for me. Anna's was always 10-20 beats higher than Jack's. She was generally in the 160s, and he was in the 150s. Of course, higher at the beginning and lower by the end, but that's where we were around 30 weeks. So, I think the heart rate test would say you are having boys.

15. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

I just passed the 30 week mark too and have also elected to wait to find out the genders!!! (Our two little ones are weighing in at about 4 lbs each and measuring nearly 2 weeks ahead) Their heartbeats seems to be pretty similar at every apt but have definitely fluctuated from the 150's to the low 140's. Who knows...but we've made it this long without peeking at the u/s screen when the tech wanders "down there" (I'm playing the odds that they are b/g...but dh thinks they are two girls :) )

Good luck with the rest of you pregnancy and keep those babies cooking!!!

16. Tracy Ward

Tracy Ward Member

Wow your buba's are doing great, four lb, what an achievement! The surprise is exciting, I only ever found out once and it was wrong, not that we cared, we were thrilled to have a healthy baby, but wow, after a ten year gap, this is really exciting! I hope to hear more news from your little ones as time passes. Good luck and thanks so much for your reply,

Tracy