Heavy kicker vs. light kicker

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Aug 31, 2013.

Hi ladies!
    So I have been counting kicks and I was wondering if any of you had trouble counting kicks for one twin versus the other. I am having fraternal b/g twins and the boy (who is in front of the placenta) is a rough kicker and I can feel him all the time. As for her, she is behind the placenta so I feel very light kicks...which makes it seem she is less active than him. Has anyone else experienced this? I am currently 25 weeks and this is my first pregnancy :)

Thanks!!!!!

1. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jessy was above my belly button and jazz was below (transverse). It always seemed jessy was less active but she wasnt always

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

If she's behind her placenta, the placenta is acting like a pillow and cushioning her movements. It's to be expected that you would feel less from her - that doesn't mean she's moving less though! ;) I had one giant anterior placenta with my girls and didn't feel first movements until 21 weeks and it was intermittent for a few weeks after that. I was nearly in my 3rd tri before I had strong, consistent movement.

3. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

My daughter was low and I could hardly feel her moving.  Her brother was spread out at the top (transverse) and could feel him all the time.  I think he had her squished at the bottom with no room.  She still sleeps curled in a little ball and he sleeps all spread out.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I don't remember the placenta placement with my twins.  I do remember that my Twin A was generally less active than Twin B.  Now at 8 years old, the more active baby is definitely my more active child!  He still can't just sit still!  :D

5. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I had the same situation - b/g twins, Max was placed with his legs and arms towards my belly so I was able to feel him all the time, and Vanessa was placed with her back towards my belly and her feet and arms towards my spine - so I was barely able to feel her. At some point I was getting worried, but she was fine. In my experience, they are both just as active now and I think they were that way in utero - I just didn't feel Vanessa because of her position. She seemed very active at all ultrasounds. Try not to stress over it too much. If I was getting worried about her not moving for a long time, I used to drink a lot of water and lay on the left side - she was on the left and then I would feel some faint movement so I knew she was fine - but I was not counting kicks/hour.

I was getting worried at times because Max was so active and she was the opposite, if I didn't have the term of comparison - right there in my belly, I probably would have been more relaxed about it. Everything is fine with my kids and I am sure your DD is fine also :).

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.