Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Dad2Zak&Greg, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Dad2Zak&Greg

Dad2Zak&Greg Member

Hello all! If this is in the wrong place, please move it. I looked over but could not find a thread to introduce ourselves. I wanted to say hello and that i've been lurking here for months getting advice but have not had the chance to post yet (as i'm sure you all understand!)

Well, where do I start? My wife found out many years ago that she was not able to have children naturally. We saved up the money, and went to Reach Drs in Charlotte, NC to begin the IVF process. Throughout our first attempt, the doctor was very positive, and kept telling us "Pregnant by Christmas". We didn't want to get our hopes up, but lo and behold, when December 23rd rolled around, and my wife went to have the test, it was positive! What a great christmas present, first time IVF successful!

So began the time to wait, and worry. Just a few weeks later, we found out that both of the embryos that were implanted were growing, twins!! What a shock, we didn't even expect to become pregnant by the IVF, and now we find out a few months later that it was twins!

The weeks went by, we found it was twin boys. We started mentally preparing ourselves, as we moved along and about to enter into the 3rd trimester. Just before they were 29weeks, my wife woke up when her waters broke. What a scary day. We rushed to the doctors, then to the emergency room, where they took her to the ward. We were told that they would give her drugs and try to keep the babies safe for a few weeks, so she could deliver them when they would be bigger. However, after the ultrasounds were done later that day, the doctors realised that Baby A wasn't moving, and was in danger, so they would need to deliver them.

11pm rolls around, and shortly after, 2 beautiful boys come out, give a small cry, and went straight to the incubators to be worked on. They spent 9 weeks in the NICU in total until they were discharged, completely healthy. We are so happy, and on the 12th of January they will turn 7 months. It's been a rollercoaster ride. Very exciting, stressful, but truly wonderful.

Below are the pictures when they were born, and how they are now. Our beautiful baby boys, Zachary Daniel and Gregory Matthew.

Zachary Daniel - born June 12, weighing 2lbs 14oz.

Gregory Matthew - born June 12, weighing 2lbs 9oz.

Our beautiful boys sitting together, aged 6 1/2 months. Zachary on the left, Gregory on the right.

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Hi! Welcome to TS! Congrats on your adorable little boys! My parents live in Charlotte and we're up there quite often. :babyflips:

3. lawilliams77

lawilliams77 Well-Known Member

Wow, what a journey. They are absolutely adorable. Welcome.

4. JoellePotter

JoellePotter Well-Known Member

Wow, congrats! I went into preterm labor with my boys at 28w,6d and had them the next day at exactly 29 weeks! Mine were 2lbs, 10oz & 2lbs, 15oz. Yours look wonderful!!

5. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

:welcome: A Dad's perspective is always welcome

6. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

:welcome: I delivered our boys at 29 weeks as well and their weights were almost identical to yours. The NICU was a long, tough journey but it was so worth it when we brought home 2 healthy boys. I'm sure you know that feeling well! :) Welcome and I hope you find this forum as helpful as I have! :)

7. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

:welcome: Your boys are so precious. :wub:

8. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:welcome: to TS and the First Year. Very cute boys!!

9. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to Twinstuff & Congratulations on your beautiful boys!

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to the first year with twins! They are cuties!

11. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

Welcome to First Year. What a great uplifting story. I am so happy for your family.

12. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!! The boys are adorable, and they've come such a long way (as have you I'm sure!) :wub:

13. Dad2Zak&Greg

Dad2Zak&Greg Member

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It's been quite a journey for all of us, and somehow I get the feeling that it's just starting! :)

14. carlaj23

carlaj23 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS! It's been my lifeline this past year! Your little guys are so handsome!!

15. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Not too many men who post on here, good to see you. My hubby is a member of the forum and there are a few other lurkers so if you ever want to get the man's point of view on parenting twins...give them a shout out...come to think of it, maybe we should make a twin dad message board?!?! (a little biased since my hubby stays at home and is the primary caretaker for our twins)