Help me calm down!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by 2 for Lola, Jan 6, 2010.

1. 2 for Lola

2 for Lola Well-Known Member

It has been so long since I posted here. But one thing I remember is the wonderful support I always received when I was worried about something or just had some general questions. So I guess I'm hoping you all can calm me down today! I am about six weeks pregnant and have my first Dr appt today. This pregnancy was a surprise so while we are thrilled at the prospect of another child I've got to admit that for financial reasons we are terrified it may be twins again. My appt. isn't until this afternoon and I cannot chill out! Deep down I know that in the end we'll probably figure it out but today, right now I'm so nervous I want to be sick.

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Hugs to you! I would be terrified too. I don't have any read advice... just a thought that chances are very slim that you're pregnant with a second set of twins... so your odds are good for a singleton. And, there's nothing you can do one way or the other, so don't stress. It's never worth stressing about things you can't change. (easier said than done)

Let us know how your doctor appointment goes!

3. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I hope your appointment went well! Sending happy, healthy singleton vibes your way. :hug:

4. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

I also don't post here often or even get to look much these days! I'm not pregnant yet but I have the SAME fear already. We have decided to have just ONE more (not sure when), but even when I think about it I start to feel sick b/c if it was twins again...omg!!! I know people say the chances of a second set are very small, but all I can think is that the chances of me having the set I have were very small!!!! Don't get me wrong I love having twins...but really 2 sets would just be crazy!!
    I asked my OB about it and she didn't make me feel much better about saying that she has seen it 4 times in all the years she has been and OB (thats without IVF!!). I also asked because I have ferternal twins if she could make sure I only have 1 egg before we started trying....that was a NO! haha.
    Anyway....I can only imagine what you must be feeling like!! Hope it all works out!! Singleton thoughts your way!!
    Jen

5. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Not to scare you but my high risk ob with the girls told me with all my family markers(twins are 17 of 19 sets in 4 gen) and my own markers(height, weight etc) that I had around an 86% chance of twins again

6. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Just wanted to send you positive and healthy thoughts your way. all the best and keep us posted :) :hug:

7. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Survey says??? :search:

8. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

:hug: I think that's a fear MANY of us have!!! GOod luck at your appt today- I think the odds are definitely in your favor though!!! :) Let us know how it goes!

9. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Checking in to see if we have an update yet?? I am anxiously waiting!

10. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Any update? I was also so freaked out. I think that being on TS means we get to see the VERY FEW women in the world who do actually have twins twice and therefore it seems more common than it actually is.
    The chances of you having spontanous twins again are actually very slim.

Good luck,
    I hope they only find one in there.

11. 2 for Lola

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the good vibes and well wishes. Unfortunately, I don't have the greatest of news to share. My ultrasound yesterday was very "unusual". We could see a sac but no embryo. Except that it wasn't that cut and dry. The Dr. truly couldn't say whether I had miscarried, if it was simply too early for her to see anything (since I'm not 100% locked in on my last mentstruation date) or worse case scenario it also appeared to be a molar pregnancy. All of the scenarios sound pretty glum. So I went from being terrified of having two to now being devastated that there is NO baby and possibly a health risk to me. ugggh. I have another ultrasound next Thursday. The Dr. seems to think she will be able to give me more answers then.

12. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Certainly the doc will be able to give you more answers in a week.
    How many weeks do you think you might be?
    It's not uncommon to see what might be a molar pregnancy any time up to 7 weeks and then see a perfectly healthy heart beat after 7 weeks.
    That's what happened to me this pregnancy.

13. allboys

allboys Well-Known Member

An empty sac is either a sign of a blighted ovum or wrong dates. Hopefully, you're just a little earlier than you thought and will see a baby next week. A mole doesn't look like an empty sac, but like a cluster of grapes on ultrasound. It'll be a long week but try to keep yourself busy and not worry too much about it.

14. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

15. 2 for Lola

Well I certainly hope you two are right. I thought I was about 6 weeks. But of course now I'm questioning that even more than before and think I may have only been 5 weeks. Sheesh. I obviously wasn't paying much attention. So... I guess it's wait and see until next Thursday.

16. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

I was five weeks at my first ultrasound and the Dr told me that he couldn't see a baby but in one of the sacs and to come back the following week to be sure. He told me not to be surprised to see only one baby the next week. Well, I have two beautiful babies now, so hopefully you are just a week off on your dates. Good luck.

17. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Hoping and praying for a good u/s on Thursday!!! THere's a "pregnant" after twins board in the "expecting" forum. Hope to see you there.

18. twinboys07

19. BeckiAllen1130

BeckiAllen1130 Well-Known Member

I hope your u/s goes well today!! Thinking of you

20. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

21. 2plusbgtwins

2plusbgtwins Well-Known Member

I havent been on TS often lately, so Im just seeing this post. I hope your U/S goes well today. Prayers going out for you. Keep us updated.

22. 2 for Lola

Thought I'd give you all an update. It turns out that it was indeed a molar pregnancy. I had surgery on Friday and now I'm just trying to sort out all the emotions. *sigh* Thank you all for the well wishes. Who knows maybe I'll be back in the expecting forum down the road again. :)

23. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:grouphug:

24. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug: I'm sorry.

25. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.

26. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Sorry to hear that.

27. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry :( :hug:.

28. twinboys07

:hug: I'm so sorry.

29. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. :hug:

30. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: Sorry to hear that.

31. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

:hug: :hug: So sorry to hear this. :hug: :hug:

32. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I am very sorry to hear this :hug:

33. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

:grouphug: Sending hugs to help comfort you!