Help me choose a double stroller!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by NaturallyBaby, Apr 5, 2011.

1. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

I am so indecisive. I've narrowed it down to 2:

Mia Moda Facile: http://www.csnbaby.com/Mia-Moda-487-FLM-MIA1109.html#ReviewHeader

Or

Combi Twin Sport: http://www.csnbaby.com/Combi-7769-CBI1400.html#ReviewHeader

Both are lighweight (Combi is 5 lbs lighter), have 5-point harnesses, fit through doorways, etc. DH is pushing for the Combi as it has a snack tray/cup holder, and the reviews say it is super easy to fold. I've seen Caperals' Mia Moda and it's very nice, relatively easy to fold (takes some getting used to) and is well built. And, it's $100 cheaper.

So, help me decide. Oh, and I'm open to suggestions but it has to be lightweight, easy to fold and have a 5-point harness. And, not cost an arm and a leg. ;D

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I would go with the Combi. I have a jeep one and although I love it, I wish it had a snack tray and cup holders.

3. brieh

brieh Well-Known Member

I bought a (well used) Combi sport for $50 off Craigslist when my girls were little as a second stroller. Once the snap and go was done it became our main trasportation. I can fit through any doorway, I love the way it folds up easily so I can stand it up in the back of the van and still fit groceries beside it. Its lightweight. It actually folds down and can go through the xray scanner at the airport security, no problems gate checking it for the plane. The 5 pt harness is great becuase my monkeys are usually trying to leap out of the stroller. I like that the storage basket is decent underneath. I got one of those "mom hooks" for the handle so I can hook on my diaper bag or shopping bags and away we go. I've taken it on some trails (just gravel and dirt mostly) and it preforms well. Can you tell I love it :)

4. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I'm am another Combi Twin Sport lover. I got mine on closeout last year for $169, and I LOVE it just as much today as when I got it! We use it ALL the time and have no problems with it fitting through doors. And like a PP I got 2 stroller hooks from Amazon so I hang reusable canvas shopping bags on those and do light shopping with the boys in the stroller. You can find the Combi for $199 at AlbeeBaby.com now (and maybe other places too). I think you will find it much easier to steer the Combi one handed than the other umbrella stroller you linked to. GL!

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I loved my Combi!!

6. NaturallyBaby

NaturallyBaby Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! Looks like my decision is made!

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Combi here as well. I cant imagine trying to one hand push a stroller that has handles like the other one ;) I can one hand push my combi, and pull the grocery cart behind me when we go shopping :)

It doesn't do real offroad well, I found this out the hard way, when the twins were about 1 year old and we were going to my older son's baseball game. It was impossible to push across wet grass, stumps, sticks, and pine cones the size of coffee cups. So I also invested in a double jogger. But otherwise, my combi is my go-to stroller!