Help! Sample schedule for four month olds

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by summerbabies, Oct 7, 2009.

1. summerbabies

summerbabies New Member

Hello Twin Moms,

My boy/girl twins are four month olds tomorrow and they were born at 36.5 weeks. Currently I do not have them on a good schedule during the day. I consistently "top them off" between 10 and 11 each night and sometimes the babies sleep until the morning, and sometimes they wake up in the middle of the night. During the day I really let the babies run the show. I try to feed them at the same time, but I am having a hard time getting nap times synced up. Can you share suggestions of schedules that have worked for you?

Thanks for your expertise!

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

4 months schedules from FY Handbook

At 4 months we were still all over the place. However they were just starting to take a reliable morning nap about 1.5 hours after they got up for the day.

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

:welcome:

Our nap routine really fell into place around 6 months, which was also when both babies were sleeping through. Right around the 4 month mark though, I did start to put them down around the same time each day to start developing a routine.

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine didn't fall into a regular schedule until around 6 months either. At 4 months they were still pretty scattered with their napping, but I started trying to pay attention to their sleeping patterns so that I could eventually settle into a schedule.

:welcome: to Twinstuff!

5. nycmomma

nycmomma Well-Known Member

Sorry, but at 7 months we're just now figuring out a routine. At 4 months I tried to use a 3hr eat-play-sleep routine, but sleep was a difficult issue for us. The only thing I could really control was the feeding, so that was the only real structure we had.

6. purplemax99

purplemax99 Member

7. purplemax99

purplemax99 Member

Our twin girls will be 4mths on the 11th of Oct. I have been using the Healthy Sleep, Happy Child routine for 3 weeks with them. Basically, they go back to sleep 2 hrs after waking up - it took about a week to get them onto it (they also soothe themselves to sleep, which the book says to start early, otherwise....look out!). I used this method with our now 2 year old son and it was pure magic as to how it changed our lives, for the better! It is tough to do it, as they are to sleep only in their cribs (no car seats, etc), but it pays off with a well rested baby. Routine is a savior! Good luck.

8. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

Right around the time the girls turned 4 months, DH put them on a schedule and they have stuck with it for the past month.

7:30- Wake up, bottle
    8:00-Play time
    10:30- Bottle, then nap
    1:30- wake up, bottle
    1:30-Play time
    4:30-Bottle
    5:00-Play time (Usually about an hour nap in here somewhere lol)
    7:30-Bottle, bath, story time, bed time