HELP!!! taking diapers off

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ljcrochet, Dec 15, 2006.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls have a new thing that they do when they are supposed to be napping. They get completley undressed. I don't know what to do. I had been putting a diaper on backwards over the first diaper, but today Dani got out of that as well. I think she worms it down, so it not like she is opening it.
    I don't know what to do.
    HELP please.

2. ljcrochet

My girls have a new thing that they do when they are supposed to be napping. They get completley undressed. I don't know what to do. I had been putting a diaper on backwards over the first diaper, but today Dani got out of that as well. I think she worms it down, so it not like she is opening it.
    I don't know what to do.
    HELP please.

3. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

vests with "snaps" underneath might help. They can't get to the diaper then

good luck

amanda (jorja and jessica 3)

4. mesamama

mesamama Well-Known Member

We had this problem for a long time and still occasionally do!
    My solution: put a small piece of duct tape over the sticky tape part in front. Then put a onesie on. Then pants. Make sure the duct tape is smooth, otherwise those nimble fingers will be able to pick it off.
    If they can figure this one out, put the diaper on backwards with duct tape.

HTH!

5. kelly79

kelly79 Well-Known Member

One of my girls constantly does this....even sometimes when its not naptime! She can get out of onesies too. We would duct tape her entire shirt and pants together with duct tape. That worked for awhile, but the other day she was able to get out of it as well. Overalls work okay, but they can get the snaps undone. The best thing for us so far is just changing her back into a blanket sleeper for naptime, only putting it backwards.

6. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

I've never had this happen and they are 17.5 months (fingers crossed as I type :)!!! I have always had a onesie on or something w/snaps and they just haven't pushed it. When we do let them run around in diapers (supervised of course), they play with them and I have no doubt would have them off if we didn't put a onsie on them.

I hear duct tape works and that's what I would do if this became an issue.

Mendy

7. ljcrochet

I have not tried the duck tape yet, the thing is she is not opening them, she is pulling them off by pulling them down. The tabs are both still closed.

I guess I have to be on the hunt for onsies. SHe can get out of blanket sleeps, I have not tried them backwards yet.

8. pyjamamum

pyjamamum Well-Known Member

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem. I figured onesies would be the answer, but had a fair bit of trouble finding them in size two here in Australia, where the climate tends to be warmer and people don't put them under pants and long-sleeved tops for warmth. However, I did discover that Sears makes a great range right up to size four! And Bonds, an Australian company, does make them up to size two, so guess what our new pyjamas are? The girls are very excited with their groovy new suits and so am I because last night was the first night we haven't had to replace Claire's nappy in the middle of the night. Good luck!

9. handlsmom

handlsmom Well-Known Member

Like previous posts mentioned, the following helped with my son:

duct tape over the tabs (7 inches worth)
    onesies
    diaper pins connected to shirt and pants (NOT safety pins--the diaper pins are stronger and therefore only adults can undo them)
    scolding

HTH! [​IMG]

10. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Onesies worked for us for a while. When it got colder, I started putting their fleece footed pajamas on them for naptime. If you turn them inside out it's hard for them to get to the zipper to unzip them.