Help! They can open the fridge and freezer

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ljcrochet, Dec 6, 2006.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I need help. They can open up the fridge and freezer.
    Yesterday Sydney took out the ice cream.
    They both love going into the deli drawer and taking out the american cheese. The frozen cranberrys are also a big hit. Guess they like the noise.
    I don't know what to do. It is a side by side fridge. I can't think of a way to "baby" proof it. Luckly Cloe (the dog) did not realize, otherwise she probably would have taken the cheese from the girls or the floor.

2. ljcrochet

I need help. They can open up the fridge and freezer.
    Yesterday Sydney took out the ice cream.
    They both love going into the deli drawer and taking out the american cheese. The frozen cranberrys are also a big hit. Guess they like the noise.
    I don't know what to do. It is a side by side fridge. I can't think of a way to "baby" proof it. Luckly Cloe (the dog) did not realize, otherwise she probably would have taken the cheese from the girls or the floor.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

HEREis a lock that you can use for side by sides. HTH [​IMG]

4. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by melissao:
    HEREis a lock that you can use for side by sides. HTH [​IMG]

We have those and they are GREAT!! You can find them at BRU for sure and I think at Target but not positive. They are super easy to use and you can lock the latch in the open position if you are going to need to have lots of access. I highly recommend these. (only thing to warn about is they are super duper difficult to remove but it can be done without damaging the appliance)

5. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice! Mine havent' attempted the fridge yet. They like to shut the door when I have it open and "help" me! But, I didn't know they made such a thing and I will keep that in mind!

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

That's the lock we have on our freezer and it works wonderfully. I got it at Babies R Us.

7. allgood2000

allgood2000 Well-Known Member

We also use a fridge/freezer lock for our side by side. I got it at Target and it is 'Parents' brand. It has two buttons you push and then slide a flexible plastic strip around the handles and through a hole in the lock. It works well. We actually use them on all sorts of things (the television armoire, the game closet, etc...)

8. ljcrochet

Thank you. I went to bye-bye baby today and bought appliance lock
    The ones that are only fridge won't work since the door of my fridge is higher than the top of the fridge. Unfortunately I have to return one since it is defective. But at least we put the one on the fridge, just have to go return and get for the freezer.