Help tightening in abdomen on and off today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by healer27, Mar 7, 2010.

1. healer27

healer27 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I'm 23 weeks along with momo twins, this a.m I woke up and was having slight tightening sensations in my abdomen I guess braxton hicks, nothing rhythic that I could make out but lasted about 1 hour or so. Went away and now its starting again.. feels like my skin is just getting tight on the belly. is this just normal braxton hicks or should I be concerned I've been drinking tons of water and really relaxing..

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I am sorry that you are feeling so uncomfortable. :hug: I can tell you from experience, that the best thing that you can do, if there is any question or concern whatsoever, is to call your Dr. It is better to be safe rather than sorry. Good Luck!

3. betha

betha Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely talk to your DR sooner rather than later. I had braxton hicks around that time, but my cervix was also shortening in length. I had no idea. I ended up on bed rest, but I was fortunate they caught the problem in time to do something. Hopefully it's nothing, but they can check your cervix to make sure it's holding strong. take care.

4. mommyto3boys

mommyto3boys Well-Known Member

I agree with calling your Dr. In the meantime, drink lots of water and stay off your feet. Good luck!

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

I am 28w today. I started having it like couple weeks. I dont have tight feeling. But my belly gets hard when I stand up/walk around alot. it goes away when I sit down. I called my doc once. She made me come in L&D. They hooked me up with the machine. My babies were fine. And they couldnt find any contraction. They I had cervical length measurement 4 days later. My doc said my cervix was tightly closed, no sign of preterm labor, no sign of contraction. I saw my OB today for my glocose test. He checked my belly. And he said everything's good. But I still have hard belly sometimes through the day. However, my belly never got hard for 1 hour though.

6. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hope you talk to your OB and find everything to be fine.
    But def. take it easy as much as possible!!
    :hug:

7. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

I have been having a similar thing last couple of weeks and it is worrying. I never really experienced braxton hicks with my previous 2 sinlgetons so don't really know what they are like either.
    My belly gets hard and tight and really heavy for around 30 seconds. Sometimes when I stand up too much or sometimes even just laying down.

8. healer27

healer27 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, just wanted to give a status first the tigtening has stopped. 2nd) I had an OB appt today and she wasn't that concerned about it unless it was more then a few hours.. she said keep hydrated, rest for awhile and empty your bladder.. To the poster above me I would def talk to your ob as its been going on longer for you...

9. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely talk to your OB. I have the same symptom. But my Ob and High risk dont think its serious. My high risk said its because Im carrying twins so my uterus needs to stress more often, pluss its my first.

But anyway, people are different. You should call your doc office.