Help! What are these itchy bumps all over my abdomen?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by SC, Jul 29, 2009.

1. SC

SC Well-Known Member

Ladies,
    I've noticed for about 2 weeks that my belly button itches a lot. Haven't thought much of it. I've just attributed it to stretching. Starting in the last couple of days, though, my whole belly itches and today I notice I have small red bumps everywhere. Is this PUPPS already? I'm only 17w4d pregnant!!!!!! Yikes. Is this going to last or go away? I'm hoping it's just a reaction to the stretching and will resolve. Has anyone experienced this so early? Does anything help it? Will it spread?
    Thanks.

2. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's PUPPS but I had it, and it spreads pretty quickly...within a couple of days, there was no question that it was PUPPS...I hope it isn't...I only had to deal with it for 2 weeks and it was MISERABLE. Hang in there!

3. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I don't know :hug: hope it's not and that you feel better soon!

4. pittmane

pittmane Well-Known Member

I had a rash on my belly fairly early in pregnancy. I determined it was from the lotion and/or soap I was using. My OB gave me a prescription for a steroid cream and I switched to Aveeno Baby Body wash (unscented) and lotion. All that cleared it up for me so mention it at your next appointment or call your OB. Hopefully you don't have PUPPS!

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm really hoping you do not have PUPPPS- I got it around week 27 & it spread everywhere about a week, week & a half later. Apparently PUPPPS is more common in people with multiples & 70% give birth to boys. They think it's either a liver function problem or that the boy DNA doesn't mix well with your girl DNA.

Sad to say, if it is PUPPPS, it doesn't abate until about a week after delivery. Ugh. I thought being pregnant with twins was pretty bad- this is worse!!!! :mad:

If you do have it, here's a website that's very helpful- much more so than what my doc gave me. http://www.tcinternet.net/users/kritzerburke/naomi/PUPPP.htm My current routine is to take 2 baths a day with the Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap (Whole Foods has it); use the Rx the doc gave me to stop itching; & slather Vicks Vapo Rub on my skin when I feel itchy (I mix it up a lot of the time- Aloe Vera, Benadryl Cream, Cortisol cream, Calamine lotion... seriously). :D I don't want to take steriods from the doc... I'm afraid of too many drugs in my system for the boys.

I hope that you don't have it!!!

Michelle

[​IMG]

6. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

You should go in and have it checked...it sounds like an allergy to something, but what if it's chicken pox or something?