Help!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jdio33, Oct 27, 2008.

1. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

Ok I'll get right to the point here....Lucas stood up in the bath tonight and Logan found his penis! I saw him looking at it, and I just watched to see what would happen. And thats when Logan pointed at it and then started to poke it. Lucas started laughing and poking it too. So this went on for like a whole minute. It was so funny, but confusing at the same time! I'm thinking what the heck do I do?!?! Do I redirect, or just let them get it out of the way?
    Anyone have this experience? :huh: Or any others they would like to share?
    Thanks
    Jen

2. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Good Question! My Logan too has just discovered his about a week ago. I just say to him " You better leave that alone." and give him a toy to play with I don't know what else to say or do.

I can't wait to read other posts to see what advise that they give!

Good Luck to you!

3. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

I always tell my boys "That's *insert name*'s penis, we don't play with his penis." They leave each others alone for the most part. Even if they are playing with their own, I tell them that they have to do that in private because others don't like to see it. It will take a while. They don't know it's "dirty" or sexual. They just know it tickles with someone touches it so it's funny. I always try not to be freaked out or angry about it. It's just their natural curiosity discovering their bodies.

4. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, DD found my son's a couple of weeks ago but we just redirected and told her no and one week later she left it alone and never bothered it again/

5. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

redirection doesn't always work...my DD is obsessed with her brother's winky that she actually ASKS if she can touch it! *shakes head*...

6. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Lily found Jacks after bathtime two nights ago. DH was gone so I was doing bathtime alone. It is always hard to get a diaper on them after bath as they run around like crazed naked lunatics dodging me as I try. Every time I finally got Jack's diaper on Lily would run over to him and tear it off and start grabbing his privates. I did not know what to say so I just said "that is Jack's and we don't touch it". She forgot about it but was at it again after bath last night.

I am sure she will move onto something else soon. I do think; however, that it would be more difficult to disuade with two boys though.

7. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Wow! My boys must be really advanced! They found each other's months ago!! They poke them and laugh in the tub and then are over it and splash around. I'm not so worried about it now, but I hope I don't find them with their hands down their pants anytime soon! :)

8. deniseandtwins

deniseandtwins Well-Known Member

Milena discovered Michael's a couple of months ago, she didnt give it much thought then. But now she points at it and says a string of 'words' in rapid succession (only she knows what she's saying) lol. I also usually say that that's Michael's and we don't play with it. This usually works. Michael on the other hand has not even registered that his sister's is different from his yet. He seems facinated at times with her belly button though..lol

9. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

Oh my--Boys will be boys--Just tell him its not nice to do that!!