Hernia surgery

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by twinsnowwhat, Oct 1, 2008.

1. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

Looks like we may have to go through this again with my other son. DS #2 had to have surgery at 11 days old and his was an emergency. Now it looks like DS #1 has a hernia as well. The doctor doesnt believe there is anything trapped in it, so no emergency. We live an hour away from the hospital, so now I am nervous nelly thinking that at any minute this could turn into an emergency. I hate the thought of my son going into surgery, but I also hate the thought of him being in pain, or worse yet, something becoming trapped in his hernia and it becoming more serious. Any BTDT stories?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: I hope this is over soon!

3. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

One of my DDs had double inguneal hernia surgery at 10 months. She did great- you cant even see her scars 2 yrs later. WE were a wreck, but we all got through it. It was an out patient procedure and she was bouncing around the next day!

4. goldylocks

goldylocks Well-Known Member

My youngest (LOL by 4 minutes) had inguneal hernia-right side surgery when he was 3 months old. He had to stay the night hooked up to monitors because he was a preemie. They wanted to make sure he wouldn't forget how to breathe after being on anestesia (sp?). I stayed with him. It wasn't bad at all..he was a champ...it was harder on DH and I, I think. You can't even see his scar they placed it in a good spot in a chub fold :)

5. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

No story, just hugs! :hug:

6. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

What kind of hernia is it? We have an umbilical hernia.

7. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

I haven't had to experience this, but I just wanted to send you :hug: :hug: and more :hug: ! I hope all goes well and your little one is feeling better really soon! It's horrible having a little one in pain or not feeling well. :hug: