Hernia?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Erykah, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

I have a pretty bad case of diastasis right above my belly button, in the space where there is diastasis I have a hard - protruding, something. You can feel it when you press between the muscles/. I think its a hernia. It doesn't hurt but I'm curious... and if it is a hernia and I have a c-section it can be repaired.. which is half my tummy tuck! Anyone have a hernia? I hear its really common after a twin pregnancy...

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I don't think so but honestly with all of this twin skin, I probably wouldn't know if I did!!! :eek: !!

3. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Feb 15 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]624239[/snapback]
    I don't think so but honestly with all of this twin skin, I probably wouldn't know if I did!!! :eek: !!

I wouldnt know either. I cant even find my belly button its so far back now.

4. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Ok thats not supposed to be funny but it is!! When I lay down my twin skin turns to mush and falls to the side, probably why I feel something... thanks!

5. Susanna+3

Susanna+3 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the hernia. But my muscles are separated there too. I remember asking my ob about it. (Not CH, but my old ob.) and she acted like it was no big deal. Pretty much just "live with it." Kind of attitude. I think if I thought I could get a freebie tummy tuck out of another c/s I'd probably opt for the c/s!!! (And I'd start working on getting pg again so I could get it done! LOL!)