HI! my oldest just turned 13

Discussion in 'General' started by Heathermomof5, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

and he is driving me CRAZY :umm:

HE CRIES MORE THAN MY 6 MONTH OLDS!!!!!!!! over crazy things like - last night he stayed at home w/my mil while everyone else went with me to my dad's - we did not get home until very late and when we got home my 10yr old had a cup from a restaurant - Tad cried like a baby!! saying that he was very hungry and how unfair it was that we had eaten out without him!! well he knew we were going to dad's and we ALWAYS eat out while at dad's so he knew when he decided to stay with mil!!!!!! nothing is ever fair! I tookhim (alone) clothes shopping the other day thinking that this would make him happy - well apparantly I always buy my 10 yr old more - my 10yr old is easy to fit and I buy ALL of his stuff without him being there (he is not picky either as long as it covers his fanny he is a happy camper!) if I did this for Tad he would not like them or they wouldn't fit so the shopping trip was a good thing right??WRONG!! he complained the entire way!!!!!!

where has my sweet boy gone?? and will he return????

2. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

nothing is ever fair!
    I can sooooooo relate to this!! Tyler is still just 12, but has the poor me thing going full force. Everyone else gets more time on the computer. Everyone else gets the remote more than he does.

There is hope however. :laughing: I went thru this with Brad, my soon to be 20 yr old :shok: and he outgrew it. I think it was about the time he got old enough to "go hang out". Then if he whined about an injustice I would just ask... "do you really want me to treat you the same as your younger brothers and sisters?" He knew that meant no going out, etc. With Tyler being the baby I'll have to come up with something else.. LOL

3. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Mine is like that, too! It's maddening.

Curiously, when we were moving a couple of weeks back and I had him loading the van and carrying a bunch of heavy book boxes and things like that he was perfectly delightful. All it took to rid him of the self-pity, sarcasm, whining and sneering was hours and hours of hard physical labor. Oddly, he did not complain about that, and he was actually very good at loading things up so that lots fit and he's stronger than I thought.

It was truly bizarre, the change in his personality. Too bad moving is so stressful or I'd do it every week! :lol:

4. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

:laughing: Ruby!

5. Heathermomof5

QUOTE(rubyturquoise @ Jul 14 2007, 07:39 PM) [snapback]330840[/snapback]
    Mine is like that, too! It's maddening.

Curiously, when we were moving a couple of weeks back and I had him loading the van and carrying a bunch of heavy book boxes and things like that he was perfectly delightful. All it took to rid him of the self-pity, sarcasm, whining and sneering was hours and hours of hard physical labor. Oddly, he did not complain about that, and he was actually very good at loading things up so that lots fit and he's stronger than I thought.

It was truly bizarre, the change in his personality. Too bad moving is so stressful or I'd do it every week! :lol:

HA!! maybe we need to move!! or maybe I'll put an ad in the paper - wanted: hard physical labor!

6. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

DH and I hate the "fair" argument. We just look at them and say that life is not fair........

I heard that they do return!! Mine is getting there. She was just at a retreat a couple of weekends ago....she came back so much more peaceful than before she left. Dh made a joke that we need to send her away every 3 months or so!!! :p

The moving thing is funny!!

7. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

We just look at them and say that life is not fair........
    Same here. We tell them that life is full of unfairs.. get used to it!

8. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

OMG - I am in denile that my kids will ever be that age.

He sounds like my seven year old. Nothing we do is ever right. We could spend the entire day at a fair - spending lots of money and letting him ride lots of rides. The entire way home he would just complain about the one ride he was to small to ride on, or the crappy fair toy he wanted that we didn't win for him. It is like no matter what we do we can't win! If we do anything nice for his sister he has to say something nasty to make her feel bad! I don't get it!

I can only imagine what it is going to be like when those 13 year old hormones hit!

You will be in my thoughts!

Angel

9. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I am sooooo glad I don't have that argument/issue. B&C both turned 13 a week ago, but neither are really like that. Sean has never been. I think I would have to muzzle them or something! :lol:

10. Heathermomof5

QUOTE(Gabe Evie Allison & Elouise @ Jul 16 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]332470[/snapback]
    OMG - I am in denile that my kids will ever be that age.

He sounds like my seven year old. Nothing we do is ever right. We could spend the entire day at a fair - spending lots of money and letting him ride lots of rides. The entire way home he would just complain about the one ride he was to small to ride on, or the crappy fair toy he wanted that we didn't win for him. It is like no matter what we do we can't win! If we do anything nice for his sister he has to say something nasty to make her feel bad! I don't get it!

I can only imagine what it is going to be like when those 13 year old hormones hit!

You will be in my thoughts!

Angel

THANKS!!!
    I could have written your exact post about Gabe with Tad's name - that is EXACTLY what he does to us!!!!!!
    nothing I ever do is right!!!! I spent all day today with the kid - jumping everytime he said I'm hungry or thirsty - we stopped at 3 fast food places so that he could get drinks and I bought him a movie that he had been talking about - well we get back in the car and he says I really wanted a video game!!!! SPOILED ROTTEN!!! I wanted to cry!! it will be a very long time before I buy him anything else like that!!

11. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Yup, that's Tyler. He has thrown fits like that over a book. I can't remember which one. He had already read the library's copy, but cried and carried on when I didn't buy him his own copy. I just told him with that ungrateful attitude it'd be a long time before I'd ever buy him that book, and that he knew how he could earn the $ to buy it himself.

12. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

Wow... I guess Mona and I aren't like that, mostly because DK, and Dana ARE. We're the good ones, Dana's the complainer, and the mean one, DK is the one with the whole whtever, I don't care about anything, thing. Gena's CRAZY , and Jack's the baby.
    BUT we're the middle kids who never get what they want.