Hi, we just found out. Scared, Excited, Nervous...did I mention scared?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MyOwnMeadow, Feb 26, 2013.

1. MyOwnMeadow

MyOwnMeadow Well-Known Member

I'm Amy, just found out late last week we're expecting twins. Sort of a shock since we already have 4 and wanted that "one last baby"!

We know nothing. NOTHING!

I'm 11 weeks, have no idea what kind of twins I'm having and scared. I was sent to a hospital to have an ultrasound because we had a huge snowstorm and my ob's ultrasound tech couldn't make it. So I just had an ultrasound tech, not a radiologist or anything. My OB thinks they could be identical, but hard to tell this early. Heartbeats were strong, and there is a very bold line between the two sacs, which I guess means separate sacs? I just keep staring at the three ultrasound photos I have and am filled with terror, love, joy, awe, fear...everything. My husband is the same.

I want to be excited. I want them to both be ok. I can't stop crying. I don't have any idea how this all works. I am glad to have found this site.

2. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

:wavey: Amy
    Just give it time to sink in… though mine are going to be five in April and I still have moments of “There’s TWO of them” :shok: Know you’re not alone in this journey… you found TS and it’s the BEST :hug:

Our pregnancy was not planned… we were happy with our small family… and to find out I was pregnant AND there was TWO inside… I cried the whole car ride home… but I am so glad the baby gods decided I wasn’t done and gave me “oops” and “WHAT?!?!” (aka Seth & Nathan)… TS made me feel like a pro by the time they were born... and any issue that came up... i had a ton of ladies who had been there done that :friends:

Good luck …

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome! I remember that twin shock all too well! In fact, after four years I am pretty sure I'll get over it any day now. You've stumbled on to the right place.. the ladies on this forum have been through everything under the sun and can answer any questions you might have. Wishing you a smooth pregnancy!

:youcandoit:

1 person likes this.
  4. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Congrats! Every emotion under the sun is normal. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but wasn't trying not to. And I knew there was a history of twins in my family. I was still shocked to see two little beans on the screen. I still am surprised when I see two babies in the nursery sometimes. :) This is a great place to get answers to questions that you should never ever google because the information out there is wrong or presented in a scary manner for no good reason.

Congrats! Every emotion under the sun is normal. I wasn't trying to get pregnant but wasn't trying not to. And I knew there was a history of twins in my family. I was still shocked to see two little beans on the screen. I still am surprised when I see two babies in the nursery sometimes. :) This is a great place to get answers to questions that you should never ever google because the information out there is wrong or presented in a scary manner for no good reason.

5. jolcia17

jolcia17 Well-Known Member

Hi and congratulations! I was in the same shock you were. I cried at the ultrasound out of FEAR (pretty sure the nurse thought it was from happiness)!! Well she was wrong. I was def scared! Didn't even expect it since there are no twins in our families. But as days went on I started getting excited about the pregnancy. And jist like the other mommys wrote, i still look at them today and think "how is there two of them...not one, but two"

Your feelings of love and happiness and excitement will come along as well. It's not something you wanted or expected but it obviously was meant to be and those babies will make you so happy. Good luck!

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations and welcome to TS!! Hang on, because despite having 4 kids you are in for the ride of your life! But I promise it's a wonderful, amazing, fantastic, thrilling ride that I wouldn't change for anything! :wub::Wub: Congrats on your double blessings! Once your head stops spinning feel free to start asking some questions! :D

7. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

We wanted to have 2 kids, and ended up with three. It's been good do far!

Welcome!

8. MyOwnMeadow

Thanks for all the welcoming posts! I am reading and reading, trying to learn.

I've learned to stay away from Dr. Google.

Looking forward to getting to know my way around, learning and getting excited. I so want to be happy.

9. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You will be.. take your time with that though; it's a lot to process!

10. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and welcome to Twinstuff, I hope you like it. Best wishes for an easy and uneventful twin pregnancy.

11. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

It was definitely the shock of my life as well and I cried for weeks, but mine were an 'oops' pregnancy to start with. Double oops! But like the others said, I am STILL shocked there are two of them and mine are almost 8. It's a wild ride but totally worth.

Congratulations! And yes, stay away from Dr. Google. Watch this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ghkA3WEq2E

12. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

It will take a little time to be at peace. Pregnancy is scary and then learning you are going to have two... Well we all know that feeling. Total shock. You can do this. After our twins we were trying for a boy. The idea of two girls (our twins) and a boy was perfect. Well things do not always happen the way we plan. Second pregnancy we got two MORE girls and the boy. Never really planed on 5. You probably never planned on 6. But we get what we get.

Welcome to twinstuff. You came to the right place for advice and support. This site is great!

13. mommymauro

I remember that feeling when I first found out :cry: now that’s just a memory ^_^ and it will be for you as well :good: then it will be a story YOU tell a new twin mom some day :hug:

Give it time :grouphug:

14. MyOwnMeadow

I sure hope so! I keep feeling little bursts of happiness, but then the fear takes over.

I think I feel them moving sometimes. This being my 4th pregnancy, I thought I would know for sure but it's so early and faint. Everyone tells me no, but this feels nothing like gut and digestion movement. I'm impatiently waiting for my next ob appointment. I've had three high risk pregnancies and I'm having a hard time being ok with my ob's easy-going attitude this time, especially since I was diagnosed with severe morning sickness 3 weeks ago. I want to know every second that they are fine and healthy, but I can't. It's the control freak inside me, I swear.:)

We are also in the middle of trying to relocate, which won't happen now until late this year. TONS of changes.

15. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to Twinstuff, Amy!

16. mommymauro

We left So Cal to Colorado after my dudes were born… my boys were 5th generation raised in L.A. so I have been there done that … stressful to say the least. I had such a troubled pregnancy with my 1st (sever morning sickness, pre term labor, being bed ridden from 20 weeks on)…it was one of the reasons we went from wanting a big family to only one… So when I found out TWO… I was nervous as well. But I have two very healthy identical boys… I had my share of issues during this pregnancy though (Cerclage @ 17w and TTTS towards the VERY end) but looking at them now I only remember these moment when I come here and give :hug: to new moms to be…

We are here so STAY OFF GOOGLE :acute:

17. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS Amy, and congratulations on expecting twins!! :youcandoit:

18. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

We also found out we were having twins at around 10 weeks and were totally shocked. The nurse and the tech said that usually when people find out they're having twins they cry, but both of us just kind of stared at the US like, "WHAT?" I don't think it really sunk in for several weeks! At this point (22 weeks) I am happy that I'm having twins but scared of everything that could go wrong between now and delivery. This is a first pregnancy for me and since we're getting two kids out of the deal it will likely be my last! ;)