Higher maintenance twin

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by girlzmom2b, Nov 19, 2006.

1. girlzmom2b

girlzmom2b Well-Known Member

My little Alyssa seems so needy compared to her sister. She cries and whines alot more, needs to be held, squirms, gets bored easily.
    Leslie is much more content.
    Anyone else have this?

2. girlzmom2b

girlzmom2b Well-Known Member

My little Alyssa seems so needy compared to her sister. She cries and whines alot more, needs to be held, squirms, gets bored easily.
    Leslie is much more content.
    Anyone else have this?

3. clhsieh

clhsieh Well-Known Member

Oh yes. Parker is a real PITA compared to Braydon. [​IMG] Braydon is so content, and Parker just wants to be held and entertained all day long. That's just not possible with a 2 year old running around!

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

Yes, Jacob is my needy, high-maintenance one!

5. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Yup it is Sophie now! It used to be Jack he would moaned and cry all the time and Sophie would just lie there being happy. Now they have swaped and Sophie is the needy one!

6. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

James has been very high maintenance lately, but it used to be Sean. Now James needs to be held all the time, constantly, every minute of the day, while Sean is content to suck on his binkie and bat at toys.

7. LisaJB

LisaJB Well-Known Member

Brandon is much more capable of entertaining himself, he does not need constant attention. Zoe, on the other hand, wants to be where the action is at all times and often just will not stand to be alone or anything like that.

It hasn't been like this lately, but I always thought their morning demeanor said it all. You'd know Brandon was awake because you'd hear him over the monitor, moving around in his crib, talking to himself, singing, playing with his feet, etc. You'd know Zoe was awake because there would be angry screaming/crying (you know, like how dare anyone not be there the second she opened her eyes...or better yet, the second before that).

8. ksls

ksls Well-Known Member

Oh yes! Her name is Annie. [​IMG] Goes from zero to 60 in 2 seconds flat when she isn't being held/fed/entertained by an adult. Hates the carseat, hates the stroller.

Though when they were born til about 8 weeks Erin was *much* higher maintenance. I'm not sure what happened there. Now she is the most sweet, content, patient little baby. It's like she knows I'll get to her as soon as I can.

9. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes! Emily has always been my laid back baby, has been since the moment she was born, Sam has always been the high maintainence one, has to be the center of attention at all times! Poor Em, seems like she gets forgotten sometimes, she'll just lay in her swing/bouncer and keep herself entertained!

10. mommy2btwins

mommy2btwins Well-Known Member

yes i have the same thing..Alexandra can sit and play with one toy for hours on end.. sweetest dispositon..sophia on the other hand is absolutely adorable..but if u arent giving her attention she lets u know it by doing this high pitched squek.. i thought it was just me.. but i guess everyone has it...we just have to remind ourselves how they are individuals.. lolol

11. jaslvslisa

jaslvslisa Active Member

My little Emilie is the high maintenance one here! Her sister, Alyssa, has even started putting her own thumb in Emilie's mouth to get her to be quiet [​IMG] They are generally both very good babies, but when Emilie wants something she wants it now. Alyssa is so much more patient. It is amazing how they are twins but can be so different!

12. txtwinmom2b

txtwinmom2b Well-Known Member

OMG yes!!

Ronin is my high maintenance one. He has to be held pretty much all the time. I have a sling so that's been a big help. Waiting for my Mei Tai..

Ryker is very easy going.

13. koozie

koozie Well-Known Member

I am laughing SO hard reading all of the above responses, because I too have the EXACT same situtation. One VERY needy baby, one VERY laid back baby. And now I feel so much better knowing it's not just my family! Kathleen