Hitting tons of milestones lately!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MonicaBaker, Mar 19, 2009.

1. MonicaBaker

MonicaBaker Well-Known Member

My girls are 9 months now(7 adjusted)! This week they have made lots of progress...

Camryn, now says Dada when she sees DH. She can get in and out of a sitting position all by herself, she army crawled on Saturday and now today she started crawling! She is climbing everything and trying to pull up on the couches. :eek: If you hold her hands she can walk across the room!

Callie is has been rocking since January but is now seeming to understand rocking isn't going to actually get her anywhere :p So now she rocks so fast, she launches forward. She LOVES the animals and laughs hysterically at them when they make any kind of noise. She can go from sitting to her belly, and rolls EVERYWHERE. She babbles constantly and gasps at the slightest little thing. :p She is getting pretty good at standing with minimal assistance too.

They both now eat 3 meals a day, are starting to like the idea of sippy cups, and LOVE finger foods! We made it through the winter without RSV or the flu, and only like 3 colds! (We live in Ohio, so that is a big thing! lol)
    I never thought the day would come when I would have to baby proof.... now I know what I am doing this weekend ;)
    The both are still on the smaller end though, we find out their weights next week at their 9 month check up!

Now any suggestion how to break them of stranger and separation anxiety? I'm going a little crazy not being able to walk out the room without Camryn freaking out :wacko:

Here's a picture of them playing, Callie is on the left, Camryn is on the right (she hates the flash)

Callie and Camryn playing

Thanks for looking :wub:

2. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

Aww they are so cute!

How great they are hitting so many milestones! I think my DS would be hitting more if we let him roam around freely but we cant as we dont have carpets and our lounge isnt highly baby friendly! Mine spend most of their time in the playpen, in their babywalkers and playing on the sofa!

As for the separation anxiety, mine arent too bad. It´s just moments when they are overtired or needing something that I find they are clingy. Have you tried walking to the door, talking then continue talking to them when they cant see you? Ive always done that with mine and they seem to get that Im still there although they cant see me. Ive also had the advantage that Ive had a lady who´s been helping me since mine were 3 months old so they feel safe with her when Im not there. She does tell me that they look for me when Im at work though but it isnt an issue.

My DD has major stranger anxiety and is also afraid of places she doesnt know. We took her to the ILs today and she cried. The best thing is for you to be holding them as they feel more reassured and distract them with toys. Im always next to her in new situations and have a large selection of toys to distract her with. It works well. Also if she really cries hard, then I simply leave the room, get her calm and try again. It works. I hope things get easier for you asap.

3. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

:woohoo: Congrats on all the progress!! It's so exciting to see them learning new things. My boys went through a "mommy only" phase about that time. I made an effort to get together more with my playgroup and then went to visit my parents for a few weeks. That helped a lot as they were so used to only being with me (DH was away). I don't have any suggestions for when you leave them to play for a minute though. I had to let them cry for a few mins so I could cook dinner/pee/etc.

4. becky5

becky5 Guest

They are so cute! Stranger/separation anxiety unfortunately goes along with the 9 month old territory! Sounds like they are doing wonderful, way to go momma!

5. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

YEEEEEEEEEEIi for all the mile stones...it is amazing the changes they make from one week to the next.

Have fun putting those gates up :D

6. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

wow, that is alot of accomplishments!! WTG girls :banana:

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Awesome picture!! They are sure growing up fast!

8. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Mine are the same age; it's a great age isn't it? They look so cute.

PS- I loved their little Obama shirts in your photobucket pictures.

9. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I don't have any suggestions for you but just wanted to say YAY for all those milestones, and your girls are darling!! :)

10. zndsmom

zndsmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Monica08 @ Mar 19 2009, 03:55 PM) [snapback]1235894[/snapback]
    Here's a picture of them playing, Callie is on the left, Camryn is on the right (she hates the flash)

Callie and Camryn playing

Thanks for looking :wub:

What pretty girls! I love Camryn's camera face, DS has the same look so I can never catch him smiling :)

Have fun baby proofing!

11. MonicaBaker

MonicaBaker Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Rach28 @ Mar 19 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1235915[/snapback]
    As for the separation anxiety, mine arent too bad. It´s just moments when they are overtired or needing something that I find they are clingy. Have you tried walking to the door, talking then continue talking to them when they cant see you? Ive always done that with mine and they seem to get that Im still there although they cant see me. Ive also had the advantage that Ive had a lady who´s been helping me since mine were 3 months old so they feel safe with her when Im not there. She does tell me that they look for me when Im at work though but it isnt an issue.

My DD has major stranger anxiety and is also afraid of places she doesnt know. We took her to the ILs today and she cried. The best thing is for you to be holding them as they feel more reassured and distract them with toys. Im always next to her in new situations and have a large selection of toys to distract her with. It works well. Also if she really cries hard, then I simply leave the room, get her calm and try again. It works. I hope things get easier for you asap.

We have tried these already.. my main obstacle is getting Camryn to be okay without having to be right next to her. They do go to a babysitter 3 days a week, she has no problems when I drop her off. The problem is at home... she just cries harder and harder until I hold her, and leaving the room is like WWII just hit. She was colicky when she was little and is just one of those babies that can cry forever... i guess it will pass soon enough!

Thanks for all the lovely comments! :)

12. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Your girls are so cute! No suggestions for the separation anxiety as it's just starting at my house.....

13. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

Aww.. Adorable! :wub: Isn't it an amazing feeling watching them as they reach each milestone?! :D