HOLY COW! YOU TS MOMS ARE GOOD!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by seamusnicholas, Jul 16, 2008.

1. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

IDENTICAL!!!! I dont know what to say! Never doubt TS moms!!! I am not even kidding when I say I was doing this test just because you all said they were id. I was POSITIVE they were not. Now I can be one of those moms that say I can totally tell the difference and when I say it, I will be talking about my id boys instead of fraternal boys! I have lots of phone calls to make. I already called my dh who literally began to get mad at me these past few months for talking about it so much. I would tell him a ts mom said they were or someone at the store said they were. He wanted me to test to shut me up!! He 'knew' they were fraternal! I am off to call my sister who was the other one who said NO way were they id! This call will be fun!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:clapping: I'm glad you know for sure now!! Yes, the women are smart on this forum! :D

3. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

:yahoo:

4. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

:yahoo: for knowing!

And you doubted all the Moms of TS? :acute: :laughing: :friends:

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: For knowing for sure!! I always thought they were identical!

6. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Glad you got your answers. Welcome to the Identical Twin Boys Are The Best club! ;)

7. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

So, how long until you change your siggy? :D

8. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Wow, what awesome news to find out. Congrats Nicole!!

9. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Very Cool Nicole!! It must be great to know for sure!!! :banana:

10. seamusnicholas

My mom said, "wow after two years!" And then I was thinking about the many times when I got into a little bit of a heated argument with strangers who told me they were ID and I said no and after they kept persisting, I ended up telling them that I did IVF and put two embryos in. That usually ended the conversation! So I unneccesarily told what seems to be like a million strangers I met my IVF story for nothing! I dont think I will ever be able to think of them as id though because for the first two years of their life, they were my little ivf miracles (from two embryos! :laughing: )

11. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

Nicole!! I'm so happy that you found out. You will have a funny story to tell as they grow. I just thought I might be crazy since they looked ID to me...but what do I know? lol!

12. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

awesome news :yahoo:

13. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

That is such exciting news, Nicole :banana: Oh, and, told ya :p

14. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

:banana: I KNEW IT!!!! :banana:

I was one that always thought they were ID, but never said too much about it because I know you heard it a lot from many others.

You told us you called dh, but not his reaction. What did he think?

I'm so happy that you know for sure now. Please keep us updated on the reactions of your friends and family!!!!!!!

15. kstar

kstar Well-Known Member

It is a good feeling when you finally know for sure, at least it was for me. My girls look sooo different to me, but to other people they are always getting confused. Crazy!! Sometimes I wish I could see what other people see. :lol:

16. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

Yeah for knowing!! Same story here, I was totally shoked to find out my boys were ID.....Welcome to the club!

Erica

17. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

That is so cooooool!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

18. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Jul 16 2008, 05:44 PM) [snapback]880244[/snapback]
    Glad you got your answers. Welcome to the Identical Twin Boys Are The Best club! ;)

It's a great club! :)

19. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Never, ever doubt TS!!! LOL...glad you found out!

20. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

Wow!! How neat, what a great story!

21. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: I thought they might be ID, but wasn't 100% b/c of what you said. Glad you finally know!

22. seamusnicholas

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jul 16 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]880337[/snapback]
    :banana: I KNEW IT!!!! :banana:

I was one that always thought they were ID, but never said too much about it because I know you heard it a lot from many others.

You told us you called dh, but not his reaction. What did he think?

I'm so happy that you know for sure now. Please keep us updated on the reactions of your friends and family!!!!!!!

When I called dh the conversation went like this...
    "Sit down" (I was kind of yelling it)
    He did not say anything so again I said...
    "Sit down"
    He said "Are you talking to me?" (he thought I was telling the boys to sit down)
    I said, "No, are you sitting"
    After I told him he just said, "no way" a few times but he could not really talk any longer.

Tonight we went to dinner with DH's family for FIL bday so it was fun to tell them all.

My sisters reaction was just shock!

I am getting a ton of emails from me friends. One friend did IVF the same time I did with the same dr and in all caps, her email said, "NO WAY!!!! I AM CALLING YOU TOMORROW TO HEAR THE DETAILS!"

So this has been a fun night! I am trying to do a search but cant find the answer. Someone once here gave a statistic of the chance of IVF splitting between the first 3 days and having their own sack and placenta. I would love if someone knew and could share what the chances are. That seems to be the question everyone wants to know.

23. becky5

becky5 Guest

OMG, OMG, OMG! I knew it!! :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

24. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

Thats AWESOME!! ur boys looked Identical me too :) Glad u know for sure!!

25. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

How awesome! I know you responded to my post...and because the responses, I'll be getting mine tested in the near future!

Congrats on your ID twin boys! I may be joining the club as well...who knows! And like you, I'm gonna feel bad for "arguing" with all those strangers that kept telling me they were id, if, in fact, they are id.

26. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Wow!!! Having done IVF I would be shocked too... but as you can see from my avi no one is arguing with me when I tell them the girls are frat.

Enjoy getting thru Target quicker now that you don't have to argue with a bunch of strangers about the zygosity of your boys! :)

27. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I totally knew it! ;) That's the second IVF mommy I know that had two put in, but has ID twin boys! :banana: Awesome reaction from your DH too!

28. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

HA!!!!

Told ya told ya!!!

Now when people say "you used fertility intervention.. they CANNOT be identical..."

You tell them "that's CR*POLLA!"

Now we have more in common than just sharing a "Nicolas". (SP)

Good to know and WELCOME to the world of ID's (finally!)

Meredith

29. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

:yahoo: I am so happy that you know!!

30. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Very cool! :good:

31. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Jul 17 2008, 12:05 AM) [snapback]880696[/snapback]
    When I called dh the conversation went like this...
    "Sit down" (I was kind of yelling it)
    He did not say anything so again I said...
    "Sit down"
    He said "Are you talking to me?" (he thought I was telling the boys to sit down)
    I said, "No, are you sitting"
    After I told him he just said, "no way" a few times but he could not really talk any longer.

:laughing: Is it sinking in any more today?

QUOTE(Leighann @ Jul 17 2008, 08:48 AM) [snapback]880987[/snapback]
    ... but as you can see from my avi no one is arguing with me when I tell them the girls are frat.

:rofl: Me too!!

32. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Congrats Nicole, glad that you know forsure now :)

33. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

We got mother's intuition in spades baby. 8)

34. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

Congrats on finding out. We weren't for sure on our girls either for a while and my dh always said that if they aren't identical then they look more alike than any 2 sisters he has ever seen.

35. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(SweetpeaG @ Jul 16 2008, 10:44 PM) [snapback]880244[/snapback]

That club rocks! :D