Holy Moly...they are starting to go everywhere--I need a gate recommendation

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by marleigh, Aug 24, 2010.

1. marleigh

marleigh Well-Known Member

We have a "step down" between our family room and the rest of the house and the babies keep "face planting" trying to go up and down it. I just need to figure out a way to securly gate it off. I need a big gate (about 60" wide) that would fit in archway either pressure or hardware mounted with a walk-through.

Anyone got one they recommend??

2. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

A lot of people use and really like these.

Personally I use this because of the door feature.

I did a quick amazon.com search and here's what I got. Hope you find something that works for you!

3. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You'll have to be careful because the bigger the opening, the less sturdy a pressure mounted one is going to be. Our kitchen opening was 51 in wide and we had a Regalo Easy Step and it worked great, but once they got old enough to pull up on it and wiggle it, it would slowly slide. Every time I went through it I just checked to make sure it was straight and not loose so it wasn't a huge deal. It came with 3 extensions so it might be wide enough for you, since we only used 2 extensions with it.

So if you can you might want to find a wall mounted one so they won't knock it over :) You also might want to see if you can find one that swings both ways, the one we had for our hallway Evenflo Simple Step was so nice because the gate swing both ways so I didn't have to back up to open the gate all the time ;) This only came with 1 extension so it's not long enough for you.