Homeschool Curriculums For Expecting Multiplies

Discussion in 'General' started by happycl, Jul 2, 2012.

1. happycl

happycl New Member

What curriculums do you recommend when you are expecting multiplies?

I have always used direct instruction teacher intensive curriculums such as All About Spelling, Writing With Ease and First Language Lessons, Singapore. Now with possibly expecting more than one I am thinking about making everything online like Teaching Textbooks.
    Can you list the curriculums that work best with having newborn,toddler multiplies?

2. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I changed to Switched on Schoolhouse for language arts a couple of years ago after using Abeka which is teacher intensive. I also used Aleks. I'm switching again this year. I'm going to use Thinkwell this year for Algebra 1 and 2. I haven't decided on Language Arts, but I am looking for something that is computer based. But for the little guys I'm going to still use Abeka until 2nd grade. I'll modify the amount of work though. Ive learned over the years it's just a bit too much repetition.
    Oh and even though it requires my teaching I'm going to stick with Apologia for Science. We use a mix of things for History..

3. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

We use a modified version of Ambleside Online. It's free except for finding a few books. Most are older and available online or on kindle for little to no money. It's a Charlotte Mason style program. It takes some work with younger kids who aren't good readers, but doesn't really even start much formal education until kids are 6-7. I use Math U See for some kids and Life of Fred for my oldest 2. Most of them can do the majority of their work with little to no help from me. I do use Sequential Spelling for my boys which I have to do with them, but there's no prep involved. And I'm using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons for my 6 yos, whic again requires me to do with them, but has no prep involved. My oldest doesn't need me much at all except for the plan for the week/month and an occasional math problem. And all my kids narrate to me after readings.

We took a break from a lot of school things for a couple months when the babies were born, and it didn't hurt anyone.

4. We love and use accelerated Christian education. It has been a Godsend for our family and when we found out about our twins, I w so glad that we had already switched because it was a no brainer then.

5. justinkerns

justinkerns New Member

Even i use to prefer Ambleside Online for my kids. As it includes many picture and realistic examples which grownup interest in child of reading.

6. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

You are right , it is necessary to prepare the child and give him an education at home. Fortunately now there are many educational programs online that help you do this most successfully. When your children are older they will be able to get help from essay writing service uk and be able to understand how to do their homework correctly.