Hormones or insecurities

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Boni, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced a bit of doubt when your DH says your growing bump looks good on you, when you have tried the 20th outfit on and nothing fits decently anymore? I am constantly in tears thinking i am getting ugly and fat and that my husband finds my pregnant bump and huge breasts a turn off. What do i blame for this emotional state of mine, hormones or insecurity? Or i am i just being silly?

2. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced a bit of doubt when your DH says your growing bump looks good on you, when you have tried the 20th outfit on and nothing fits decently anymore? I am constantly in tears thinking i am getting ugly and fat and that my husband finds my pregnant bump and huge breasts a turn off. What do i blame for this emotional state of mine, hormones or insecurity? Or i am i just being silly?

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

No your not being silly!! I feel the same way!!!! at least your dh is nice! mine tells me how huge I am and will barely touch me anymore!

4. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

I feel the same way and I'm pretty sure my dh finds my big belly a fascination and a turn-off all at the same time. He was the same way during my first pregnancy and although he never says anything mean or nasty, we both know I'm huge. Frankly, I don't feel the least bit sexy either so it's fine by me, whatever he thinks!

It won't last forever and you're big because you're growing little cutipies. You can deal with your body after they're delivered and everything will be back to "normal" in no time!

5. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I agree....I'm pretty vain and with this pregnancy and last I lost my looks and felt really gross from the early weeks on. I think some husbands are literally afraid of romance during pregnancy...esp a twin one...the old myths of hurting the baby during sex, etc. Most men are so clueless.

I think pregnancy (esp twins) can put stress on a marriage for a variety of reasons. Things will get better after your cuties arrive and you get your body back [​IMG]

6. IVFmommy2b

IVFmommy2b Well-Known Member

I can relate. I feel ugly, my skin is bad, and I cut got my hair cut so short and I look like a fat boy, and I hate my hair so much I cry about it every day. My DH just teases me. And it is me who doesn't want to be touched because i feel so ugly. I feel guilty cause i never want to have sex. It doesn't feel good anymore...does anyone else feel like that?

7. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

I feel guilty cause i never want to have sex. It doesn't feel good anymore...does anyone else feel like that?

Yup, I felt exactly the same this entire pregnancy & the last. With my last pregnancy I still did it to please my husband, until I got as big as a whale. This time around nada, zip, zilch, it just wasn't gonna happen. I have to laugh about it b/c I usually have a libido strong enough to rival any man's!

Rather than feel bad/guilty I just think of all the suffering/misery I've had during this pregnancy and that my feelings (or lack of!)deserve respect. My hubby's been fine with it, he works so much and picks up my slack at home he's sound asleep by 9 every night anyway.

Your old self should return a few weeks after your babies are born.

8. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Sorry you're suffering. It is odd to have this whole alien body take-over thing....For now my DH is fascinated w/my preggo body and keeps telling me how wonderful I look - of course i have to wonder if he's noticed the deep dark bags under my eyes or the pale skin or the tracery of blue veins everywhere or the flab on what used to be muscular biking thighs, or is he just seeing the boobs? (yup, it's the boobs, i find it hilarious that all my women friends who see me comment on my belly but all the men seem to see are the breasts!)

I'm trying to enjoy feeling this mobile, knowing that that might end soon and that he'll think i'm a whale. But - i told him that he is NOT allowed to make any comments like "Jeez, you're HUGE", since it will only make me feel badly. As for sex - umm, what's sex? Actually, my drive has picked up, but that's probably because i haven't had to puke every ten minutes for the last week or so - that will really put a damper on your sex drive, not to mention the EXHAUSTION.

I finally told him that my production facility was operating at 200% and there was not a lot of extra resource to go around! I'm sure you'll feel better after they're here and you're getting your own body back. For now it's on loan.

9. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

The sex topic, uhm yes I have read that a woman has a wonderful libido during pregnancy due to increased blood flow down there. What these magazines fail to mention is the energy you have to muster from somewhere to have sex. My DH commented the other day after i fell asleep before the cuddling could start, that he recons I just used him to mate and now that he has done his part I am no longer interested. But if only DH can understand that growing babies is not the same as carring the croceries from the car!! [​IMG]