Hospital bag

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by JessicaHollenbeck, Aug 22, 2013.

Hi ladies!
    When did all of you get your hospital bags ready? I am due December 9th but my doc said the twins could arrive as early as October 28!!!!!! I am kind of in panic mode! Lol ;-)
    Thanks!

1. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You know, I never did have a bag. I just used everything the hospital gave me, then had my husband run home and grab toothpaste, toothbrush, and clothes for the three of us to go home in once they arrived. I used the hospitals mesh underwear, the gowns, their socks, their drugs, everything.

2. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I had a basic hospital bag (not delivery specific, just a nightgown, change of clothes, basic toiletries) packed from quite early on as I went on bedrest due to PTL at 20 weeks and both my doctor and I expected me to end up in hospital at some point. I didn't but you never know. When I went in for the birth I just packed an additional bag for the babies' going home day for DH to bring whenever we needed it.

Our hospital supplied everything for the babies(diapers, clothes, supplemental milk, bottles etc.) and most things for me (I also used the mesh underwear, pads, hospital nightgown for the first days).

3. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I had some clothes, my toiletries, my baby books. I used the hospital things as well.

4. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I had it semi-packed by 28 weeks and had a list of things I needed to still add (like my hair brush and things I didn't have duplicates of). It was a good thing, too, because I was sent to the hospital from my clinic and DH had to finish packing my bag before 30 weeks.