hot weather supportive shoes?

Discussion in 'General' started by ktfan, Jun 9, 2012.

1. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

I am a barefoot or flip flop person and the most active I get is swimming or walking. My daughter needs supportive shoes for band camp but it hits 100 degrees easy most days. Last year she had a regular pair of running shoes that did the job but I know it had to contribute to being so hot and take longer to cool down without taking things off. Water shoes won't be supportive enough...I guess I'm looking for something that is closed toe and heel but a super thin material with a supportive sole that she could ideally wear without socks. Any ideas?

2. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Keen's make a sneaker sandal that is supportive - either that or possible Crocs...

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I have a couple pairs of Privo by Clark's ballet flat/sneaker hybrid things. Most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. When my expensive running shoes started hurting my feet at Disney, I wore the Privos for two days. You can usually find cute pairs at DSW.

4. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You might check with the band director. I know that if we had showed up to marching band practice in anything less than running shoes, we would have been getting lectures about not having proper shoes. At least part of the theory was that running shoes were the closest in feel to our uniform shoes that we had to wear when we were competing. On things like backwards marching, there would be a difference between doing it in a thin-soled shoe at practice and a thicker shoe at games and competitions.

Marissa

I marched in high school in the Ohio River valley. Very hot and humid. You just have to get used to it. My parents also wouldn't allow us to wear shorts. So I was out there every day in long pants and running shoes. You just keep drinking water and try to ignore it.

5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Marissa, you are taking me back to high school. ;) I marched in Mid-Michigan in August -90 degrees with 80% humidity. :faint:

Marissa is right though. Tennis shoes were part of the uniform.

6. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Ditto Keens - they are cool, comfortable, and very supportive. I've even gone running in them (and it felt great).

7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They make tennis shoes out of mesh materials. . .just throwing that out.

Y'all and your 90 degrees and 80% humidity crack me up. PANSIES!!

2 people like this.
  8. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I have water sneakers from LL Bean that are very supportive. They are like a sneaker (actually a Mary Jane style) but meshy so the water falls out. Anyway, I wear them in the 100+ heat all the time, in & out of the water. They are super lightweight, even wet.

9. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hey, I'm a delicate flower. :lol:

10. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

LOL Here 80% humidity and 90 degrees is fall! I think keens might do it. I don't want a thin sole, just something that will allow her feet to breathe. Thanks for the input ladies!

11. Code

Code Well-Known Member

So jealous of you all and summer. Not dealing well with the cold :(

12. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My tennis shoes not only weight next to nothing but are made of breathable mesh. I think mine are pumas but most brands have them now. I would stick to tennis shoes/athletic shoes for good support. I'd hate forger to twist an ankle

13. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I got these for my son (in brown, not pink), and he loves them. He isn't a flip flop fan, and I'm not a fan of regular looking sandals. It is as if he is wearing sneakers.

14. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I have some sketechers that are closed heel/toe but open on the top. To me, they qualify as tennis shoey enough to count as when I need to wear those (gardening, etc). The material is very light and nice for summer.

15. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Links! I need links!

16. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004GB19M2?dpm=1&qid=1339502846&ref_=mp_s_a_15&sr=1-15

17. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member