how are these 'socks' with skids on the bottom?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Nov 6, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

found these in one step ahead; im looking to keep my LOs feet warm without them slipping on tile and wood floor.
    SkidDERS

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've never used them, we just used (and still use) socks from Old Navy and Target with the non-skid logo on the bottom and those work pretty well. Then again, our house is mainly carpeted except for the kitchen, but we have not had any issues with those type of socks.

3. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

We just use Robeez or the ON socks as well. I'd be worried that those may "stick" too much to the floor causing them to fall.

4. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

We just got some...haven't tried them yet, but several of their classmates use them at school (carpet and linoleum flooring). The other kids seem to walk fine in them.

5. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

THose look cool. We always used Robeez or similar.

6. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Regular socks or barefeet here. I figure, I didn't die learning to walk in socks, I'm sure my kids will be fine ;)

7. BubbleDragon

BubbleDragon Well-Known Member

We love them - we have laminate through (practically) the whole house, and little toes get very cold around here - hubby would keep the house at 62 if I let him!! Socks were really starting to set their early walking skills back, so we tried these. These stay on their feet and give good traction. It did take a couple days of adjustment to get used to them, they are VERY grippy... so much that the treads even snag the fabric, so keep that in mind - they don't look "brand new" for very long.

8. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I thought they were super cute and bought some, but my boys hate 'em. :( At first they were a little too big and they tripped over the toes; now they fit, but my guys cry and whine until I take them off.

9. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Ok, tried 'em tonight. They worked AWESOME on the hardwood!