How are you surviving?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by babyhopes09, Nov 2, 2013.

1. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

This is our #4... Most likely our last baby. I'm 8 weeks and can barely keep it together I am so nauseated. I feel like a terrible mommy.. Very little patience for my 3 LO's at home and I just don't have the energy to get on the floor and play right now. My poor babies are existing on cereal, toast, fruit and veggies for dinner most nights. I'm so excited about this baby but feel like I'm short changing my daughters and son right now. How do you pull through with little ones at home? I'm a mess right now!! Thanks everyone!!

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm on #4 myself, with about 3-3.5 months left.  I'm lucky that I don't get nausea when I'm pregnant, but I do get a lot of GI issues and unreal fatigue.  I know it sounds cliche, but I just stuck it out one day at a time.  Still do actually!  My husband has been helping a lot more too.  He pretty much handles Josh as soon as he's home from work.  Luckily the twins are older and in school so they are pretty easy.  I felt bad over the summer because the heat just felt ten times hotter to me so we barely did anything.  Reminds me of Dory and her "just keep swimming" mantra!

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I just reminded myself that it was a short period of time in the overall scheme. I did more when I felt good and cut myself slack when I didn't.

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I'll echo that the heat was really hard on me too. And we'd just moved for my husbands company, so the kids didn't have a lot of friends at first over the summer. It was hard! But it's gotten better as I've gotten further along.
    I do what I can when I can and leave it at that.

5. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I feel with you. The nausea is just awful this time and I am so exhausted by bedtime I am really unfairly impatient with my LOs.

As for play: I have been crafting and paiting and reading with them a lot because we do that at the table or on the couch and I am not happy on the floor at the moment  (I get very bad dizzy spells when getting up off the floor).

As for meals: I try to prepare hot meals at my least nauseous time (mid-morning for me) and refrigerate and then reheat or oven-bake when it's time. I also open the kitchen windows wide while doing anything in the kitchen even slicing fruit or making a sandwhich, the colder the air the better. And we have not had meat for several weeks - I just can't prepare it and I can't eat it either and I figure that a couple of weeks with a vegetarian diet and fish won't hurt anyone.