How can I keep coat zippers from scratching their face?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by TwinxesMom, Dec 9, 2006.

1. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Our girls coat zippers keep scratching their faces(right under their chins and on their cheeks). How can I stop this? The zippers are plastic.

2. TwinxesMom

Our girls coat zippers keep scratching their faces(right under their chins and on their cheeks). How can I stop this? The zippers are plastic.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Now that it's getting cold could you put a scarf around their neck? That might keep the zipper from getting too close to their face. HTH [​IMG]

4. lrothrock1

lrothrock1 Well-Known Member

Can you put some hot glue on the sharp ends? That would coat it and prevent the zipper from being scratchy.

5. Jocelyn5173

Jocelyn5173 Well-Known Member

Can you put tape around the pull part?

6. TwinxesMom

It's not the pull part its the zipper itself. I think we will try the scarf idea though.

7. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing....
    The boys faces, cheeks, and ever their necks are being affected by the zipper tracks on either sides of the coats. So what we do to elimate this is take the coats off... If we are at home we run the car before hand to warm it up and take the boys out coved in blankets... If we are out and about i unzip their coats all the way and then put them in their seats with the zipper tracks off to the sides away from their face.

HTH