How cool is it to actually have twins!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mylove-toyou, Feb 23, 2008.

1. mylove-toyou

mylove-toyou Well-Known Member

I just love it when it hits me all over again that I've got two babys! It's just really neat! I'm a dork I know, but I love it! :lol: :banana: :a_smil09:

2. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

It is pretty neat! I was just thinking today how incredibly lucky I am! :wub:

3. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

I'm still in awe too! It's a lot of work, but they make it so fun! I love watching them laugh and grow together....looking in their crib each morning to see them holding hands...it's just too neat! :)

4. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

If you're a dork, I'm a dork too! Isn't it the most amazing thing ever!! And it only gets better Momma! :wub:

5. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

I feel that way too! I have twins....that's crazy......crazy good!

Erica

6. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

3 1/2 years later and I still cant believe it ! I just watch my twins in awe and I love the compliments I get from other people. Just tonight in the mall I heard "Oh, look at the twins .. how CUTE !!" I beam with pride each and every time !

7. lhoran

lhoran Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. I feel like it is a complete miracle that i had 2 babies and only hoped for one. It is amazing. I tandem nurse my boys and now they are reaching their hands up and will catch each others and hold on. It is so precious to see them hold hands. It makes those tough days (and nights) worth it!

Lisa

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I'm a dork too!!! this has been the most amazing experience EVER!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having twins!!! it has really been such a joy I cannot even hardly put in into words!!!! I even LOVE when people stop us in the stores!! told ya I am a dork!!

9. HT

HT Well-Known Member

I definitely agree! I love watching my girls interact and I feel terrible that my oldest DD will never get to experience it.

10. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

After 5 years of infertility I am amazed that I have any children.. and here we are fortunate enough to have 2 amazing kids. I wish I could talk to me of 4 years ago and tell her not to worry so much and that it will all work out better than you could ever imagine.

11. TFine

TFine Well-Known Member

Another dork reporting here. My twins are the most amazing thing ever. My DH say several times a day how lucky we are. The are smart, beautiful and best of all ours!

I love my twins more than anything.

DH and I both feel those with only 1 baby should be jalous of us!

My hands are full and I love that feeling!

12. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Feb 23 2008, 09:35 PM) [snapback]637806[/snapback]
    After 5 years of infertility I am amazed that I have any children.. and here we are fortunate enough to have 2 amazing kids. I wish I could talk to me of 4 years ago and tell her not to worry so much and that it will all work out better than you could ever imagine.

Me too! I couldn't have said it better. I love having twins. I always wanted 2 kids but infertility was so hard for us. We got two at the same time, one of each and I am so lucky to have had my dreams come true.

I look at them in amazement everyday.

13. amily1974

amily1974 Well-Known Member

I totally understand the feeling too! My husband and I often just catch each other's eye and laugh with giddyness... 'we have twins!'. Its SO amazingly special, and not that we deserve it more than anyone else, but because its not something you can control, it makes it feel so much more special. God has truly blessed us!

14. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

God blessed my family good with the twins. I love it. I would not trade it for anything. My doctor had told us that we could only have one more baby b/c I have type 1 juvenille diabetes mellitus. We really wanted one more girl and one more boy so God blessed us GOOD with the boy/girl twins. It is still a shocker sometimes to look on the floor and see two babies playing on their playmat.

15. TwinMilf33

TwinMilf33 Member

I love being a mommy of twins :itwins:

16. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Definitely! In the beginning, I was always thinking, "One baby would be so much easier." Now, it's always "One baby would be so BORING!" :D

17. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

To quote the McDonalds commercial..."I'm Loving It!!!"

Bring on the next set!!! :laughing:

18. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

It gets better every day and I'd take this over winning the lottery any day of the week. Coolest thing ever! I can't get over how lucky I am because I've always wanted twins but figured the only way that would happen is with fertility treatments (the real luck is I'd never need fertility assistance) so I figured it would be one at a time for me ( which is such a blessing in itself) But people can't even understand how unbelievable the experience of having twins is unless you have them. Something money can't buy. Even fertility treatments don't guarantee multiples so I'm lucky, lucky, lucky! and loving, loving, loving it. And op I think your twins are just over a month if I'm right? It gets so much more fun. Most days I can barely contain myself! Signed, Fellow Dork

19. caba

caba Banned

It's funny, I just wrote a post about this on my blog. It's easy for someone who has battled with infertility to focus on how hard it was, what a struggle, what a long road, etc. But then I realized that if I hadn't had to go through IVF, I would never have twins. Or probably not a very good chance, anyway. And I LOVE this experience. So in some ways I consider being infertile one of my greatest gifts. :cool:

20. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

LOL... it IS so cool and there are so many moments in the day where I can't believe my blessings! :D :D :D

21. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

It really is such a blessing, I would agree when I hear people comment that they are twins I beam. Even the question asking if they are twins gives me a smile, sometimes I wonder how people could even wonder when they look more alike than I ever thought 2 humans could look but hey it is AWESOME!!

22. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I must be a dork then too, I am so blessed t have twins. I told my DH the other day I would be sad to have only 1 baby when we try agian. It is the best. As they get older they are so much fun. My DS will jsut sit and laugh at my DD. It is the best. THey love to see each other. They look over their bumper pads to see the other one in the crib. The other night after we had put them to bed, we heard laughing and "talking" We went up and they are looking over the pads at each other adn just talking away. It was so precious. I am sure it will only get better as they get older. I have tons of pics of them holding hands. I love it. Everyone doesnt' know what they are missing out on.

Twins Rule.

23. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Probably only just a few months ago did it really sink in to me just how AWESOME it is that WE HAVE TWINS! I think in the beginning (with the sleepless nights and battle with nursing) it didin't even seem real. Once I 'came back to the land of the living' it just kind of hit me. WE HAVE TWINS, and that is just so special! I love all my girls soooooo much!!

24. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

QUOTE(caba @ Feb 24 2008, 03:01 PM) [snapback]638139[/snapback]
    It's funny, I just wrote a post about this on my blog. It's easy for someone who has battled with infertility to focus on how hard it was, what a struggle, what a long road, etc. But then I realized that if I hadn't had to go through IVF, I would never have twins. Or probably not a very good chance, anyway. And I LOVE this experience. So in some ways I consider being infertile one of my greatest gifts. :cool:

Ditto ditto ditto, could not have said it any better to be honest... I love having twins, love having one of each and love how each day brings on new meaning... Living through their eyes and seeing them together has been the most amazing journey ever. After years of battling infertility i too say yay for me because look what i got!

25. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love it too. DH and I just couldn't imagine only having 1 baby now, we would feel like something is missing. And I love all the attention I get when we go out in public, it doesn't bother me at all! In fact, I fold up the shades on the stroller when we enter a building so everyone can get a good look at my babies because I love to show them off and I don't mind the questions at all!

And have you noticed that it's never other parents of twins that make the negative comments? Sure I have heard plenty of "double trouble" "better you than me" and all that, but any time I come across another parent of older twins or grandparent of twins they always have the nicest things to say, like "you are so blessed" and "having twins was such a great experience for me" and things like that.

26. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

i just love it.

27. xjustdizzyx

xjustdizzyx Well-Known Member

Add me to the dork list! I'm lovin' this! I almost want another set... hey... i said ALMOST!

28. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I love it and I think it is the best thing that happend to me. I can not imagine havin just one again. So next set must be twins as well..... lol

29. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I don't think you're a dork at all. I think about how cool it is having twins everyday- we carried 2 babies in our bellies at the same time- that's pretty friggin cool! My dd saw a woman with a baby the other day and she said look mommy, she has a baby just like us to which I said, yes, but she doesn't have 2 babies just like us- and that woman would probably say Thank God because unless you've had twins, you don't know what you're missing! It's such a special thing and I feel so blessed- it would be weird to have a singleton now after having twins, easy, but weird!

30. sbailey

sbailey Well-Known Member

[TWINS ROCK!!!!! :a_smil09:

Shannon

31. Cheryl O.

Cheryl O. Well-Known Member

I cherish each and every day and have no clue how we EVER lived without them (and my son of course). My favorite time of day is the half hour before bed when we all play and jump on the couch and ottoman and laugh and tickle and snuggle.... it's the BEST. These are the good memories I hope I will always remember.