How did your body stay changed after having twins?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Danibell, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I hope this makes sense.

I have two kids already so I know the "normal" changes like boobs can stay bigger, hips wider, extra weight....etc.

What I'm curious about is mainly your stomach....I either pulled or have a stomach muscle that's ripping in the top left of my stomach by my ribs. One of the girls on the expecting forum said she's having the same pain and her peri said basically the skin and muscle are pulling away from the ribcage. It's incredibly painful and it's making it very hard for me to move around (did you know you use those muscles to sit, stand, walk, lean over.....etc? Everything!).

So do you think this will "fix" itself after delivery? Or am I looking at a long term problem here...

Anything else that "changed" on your body that is definetly different and most likely from carrying twins?

Thank you in advance!! :D

2. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

I had a 'pain' in my ribs when I was prego too. I never figured out what it was - I just assumed it was my rib-cage expanding. It went away after a few weeks of having it so I didn't think to ask about it. I'm fine now and actually forgot about it until now ^_^

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

It's definitely not in the right side? I ask because I had right side rib cage pain with Hannah and it turned out to be pre-e. I did have a lot of rib pain with the twins, but it was both sides. It took awhile after delivery, but it did eventually go away.

4. newlife@40

newlife@40 Member

I remember having pain similar to what you are describing. I was even sore for awhile after I delivered. It did go away and my stomach is just about back to normal after a year.

5. marchtwins

marchtwins Well-Known Member

I had the rib cage pain as well. It went away on its own around the 8th month. It can be excruciating (esp while eating) - I feel your pain.

Hang in there - IT WILL GO AWAY!!!

6. Danibell

QUOTE(becky5 @ Jan 27 2009, 08:16 PM) [snapback]1164884[/snapback]
    It's definitely not in the right side? I ask because I had right side rib cage pain with Hannah and it turned out to be pre-e. I did have a lot of rib pain with the twins, but it was both sides. It took awhile after delivery, but it did eventually go away.

Thankfully no it's definetly the left side right at my ribs....it's okay if I'm sitting down but the minute I stand it's killing me!

I'm glad it sounds like it'll go away!! :D

7. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Suzy! @ Jan 27 2009, 06:52 PM) [snapback]1164790[/snapback]
    I had a 'pain' in my ribs when I was prego too. I never figured out what it was - I just assumed it was my rib-cage expanding. It went away after a few weeks of having it so I didn't think to ask about it. I'm fine now and actually forgot about it until now ^_^

Same here… i forgot about THAT one...
    tummy wise: I actually look better than I did going in… I had a friend say to another friend (in front of me) “I’m going on the “twin diet”… look at her… she had twins 8m ago and you would never know it… everyone I know who had twins looks fantastic and here I still have 20 to loose from my singleton 2 years ago…” I told her yes… have twin boys to chase around (in different directions of course) and you can kiss your gym membership good bye…

8. zndsmom

zndsmom Well-Known Member

I just discovered when stretching and getting back into aerobics (S-L-O-W return) that my separating pelvic symphysis still occurs when I stretch a certain way (or is it my hips? I can't really tell yet). I still have superficial blood clots in my legs that are taking forever to break down and go away.

But- once I got rid of all my excess fluid about 2 weeks after delivery (1 vag, 1 c-section), I felt so much like my old self! You are so close!

9. Danibell

QUOTE(e mauro @ Jan 27 2009, 10:49 PM) [snapback]1165125[/snapback]
    Same here… i forgot about THAT one...
    tummy wise: I actually look better than I did going in… I had a friend say to another friend (in front of me) “I’m going on the “twin diet”… look at her… she had twins 8m ago and you would never know it… everyone I know who had twins looks fantastic and here I still have 20 to loose from my singleton 2 years ago…” I told her yes… have twin boys to chase around (in different directions of course) and you can kiss your gym membership good bye…

Sweet, instant diet/exercise plan! :D

I already have a 2.5 yr old wild little girl so I figure with the three of them racing around, I'm good to go! :woohoo:

10. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I have a fairly large separation in my abdominal muscles called a diastasis recti that never fully repaired and based on what my doc said, likely will not repair without surgery. With it, my upper abdomin never went back flat and kind of pouches a little from my breastbone to my belly button. Kind of makes me look like a couple months pregnant when I'm not. Then I have the lovely twinskin sag. Oh well...it did get better with time but I just have to accept that my body will never be what it was. Makes me wish I'd appreciated it more.

11. twinsmum28

twinsmum28 New Member

hi i have twin boys wyatt and samuel they r 3 now and little monkeys i carried them till 39 weeks and was started off in end i had wyatt normal delivery and samuel was breech i had to deliver him breech to that was horrible but cos of that i ended up with umbilical hernia and a ripped stomach muscle so last year i had umbilical hernia repair and mesh net put in for ripped stomach muscle now i want to try for another baby and am just worried how this will affect my stomach it does still play up sometimes i get pain and swelling.