how do the older children deal

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinkatsmommie, Feb 23, 2012.

1. twinkatsmommie

twinkatsmommie Active Member

I have been put on bed rest at 25 weeks. I have a 5 year old and I am worried she wont deal well with me in the bed all time. Also I fear she will be mad at the babies for me being in the bed. Do any of you have any suggestions?

2. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I was 28+ weeks when I got out on bedrest (for 9 weeks). My kids were 7, 5 and not quite 3. Having each other probably helped but they all did really well. And they adored their baby sisters when they were born!!!

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

My oldest was under 2 when I was on bedrest. He was in daycare during the day but on weekends he would hang out with me in bed and we would play, read books, watch movies. Your daughter is 5 so you can colour with her, play barbies if she likes them that is, easy crafts movies. You'll probably see that she is more ok with it then you think. Is she in school?

4. twinkatsmommie

She is 5 and in school and we do color and watch movies but she wants to be all over the place. She is a gifted child (says her school) and needs to be challenged all the time. She is already having listening issues and begging me to get out of bed to run after her. I am getting more nervous about her blaming or being mad at the twins

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

She won't blame the twins if you don't blame the twins. If she asks why you can't get up and play, don't say it's because of the twins, say it's because your body is changing and you need to rest lots while it's changing. Or something like that. The point is, if you make sure you don't say "It's because I have the twins in my tummy", and blame it on something else, or heck, blame it on the dr....she won't blame the twins.

As for keeping your dd occupied, some new little puzzle type books, or a new game will help challenge her. Maybe someone can take her to the library and pick up a few new books for you to read together.

2 people like this.
  6. twinkatsmommie

Ya I tell her the dr makes mommy stay in bed, and I have called in another friend to help entertain her so its easier